Omnipro II Delayed Text Notifications from Notifier Board

ChrisS

Recently been having an issue with my notifier board sending out Alerts.  I get them but they are delayed by 10-120mins.  
I have tried different mail servers and even changed the Notifier board.
It works, its just greatly delayed which doesn't make it very helpful for most things.

Also have tried different destinations such as email vs Text vs MMS.  They are all delayed.

Anyone had this issue or something similar?

At this point I get surprised when I get one within a min of the event happening which does, occasionally happen but not often 

Omnipro running 4.0B, Notifier running 2.0, GB network and switches, all good.

Thanks

Chris

If changing serial ports doesn't help, try a UMTS gateway with email to text option; even though the email notifier is prone to failure and not highly reliable, at least when the email notifier does actually send a message, the UMTS gateway will get your text out immediately.

Also, if your OP is overworked, just remind yourself the email notifier uses serial data, so a slow OP means delays on execution, likely caused by too many automation instructions or simply poor programming with the resultant bogged CPU/bus.

I had the same problem with the email notifier board.  I'm in the process of phasing out my OP3 in favor of another security system.  Thus, the board has very minimal programming and only a few attached devices such as PIR motion detectors.  My solution to this problem was to use third party open source  software (jOmniLink) to capture events from the OP2 and send the required text message and/or email.  Now I receive event notifications within seconds of their occurrence. 

I only use the email notifier board to keep the clock accurate on the OP2.

Here originally went to using the HAILogger to check and adjust the time which would go off with the mickey mouse ethernet interface to serial bus on the OmniPro 2.

Later installed a micro router running OpenWRT.  Inside interface is 10Mbs 1/2 duplex and outside interface is 100Mbs full duplex. 

The microrouter now in place for a couple of years the time on the OmniPro panel never gets out of sync.

Picky about time here and use a GPS / PPS connection to the PFSense firewall / router NTP server like.

You can today build an NTP server with PPS using a Raspberry Pi for less than $100.

Testing the new offered OmniLink software talking to the Smartthings hub and mosquitto now and email is working very fast text wise. 

Still running OmniPro software connected to a serial link and OmniPro software connected to a network link and for more testing running snaplink on a touch tablet.

Out of everything above OP2 to Email (or text) the OmniLink software is the quickiest for me.

Topology ==>

OP2 ethernet to microrouter (openwrt) ==> managed Gb switch

OP2 built in dialer to alarm company ==> configured events to trigger text pages

1 - OP2 ==> serial OP2 software running on Windows server  ==> email events
2 - OP2 ==> ethernet ==> snaplink ==> email events
3 - OP2 ==> ethernet == OP2 software running on Linux Homeseer ==> email events
4 - OP2 ==> ethernet ==> OmniLink ==> Linux email events *

* fastest event to text times

Been running OmniLink now for a couple of weeks.  No time adjustments have been done yet.  No other software is adjusting the time on the OP2.

Soon will be replacing the micro router with a Rock64 which is a bit larger configured as a router with two ethernet interfaces. 

Back