How many IP devices living on your network?

Just did a scan. Adding up phones, tablets, avrs, cameras, routers, IP phones - 38.

Big change from 15 years ago when it was just a desktop PC and a server. And I remember when I used to have to call my cable company every time I bought a new PC and allow the MAC address to connect to the cable modem. They did not support a home network.

105 addresses active on the network.  DVRs, cameras, HVAC devices and gateways, WiFi access points, lighting and shade gateways (with their own RF networks), game consoles, TVs, receivers, voice speakers (echo), music speakers, PCs, NAS, server devices, tablets, phones.  

You are getting behind now documenting your stuff.....

Just do a scan of your network and copy the IP / mac addresses to a spreadsheet...

sudo nmap -PU 192.168.1.0/24 > mynetwork.txt

Utilize your submit for the command above.

;)

Zabbix reports 40 devices but that is only the devices that are discoverable/pingable. So adding echos, guest wifi devices, probably around 52 devices total.

Here on main subnet have ~ 60.  I have multiple tinker networks off of the PFSense box.

Still using static IP addressing and a small DHCP scope plus a few assigned addresses via DHCP.

The static address, mac address and dns name is in a little spread sheet I created a while ago.  I put an order to the IPs (router, managed switches, appliances, et al)

For the touchscreens (~15) here used a eprom network writer to configure custom MACs on the touchscreens such that I match the last few digits of the MAC to the last octet of the IP address.

Starting to tinker with WiFi custom firmware devices. These are attached to a custom OpenWRT WAP and may utilize main PFSense LAN interface or 2,3,4th LAN interface.

Back