Omni ProII keypads will not turn off

fabriziojoe

I have a client with a rather large HAI Omni ProII system where the keypads will not turn off.
Yes, they are set to timed, all have unique console addresses and the system has been defaulted several times.
I have disconnected the panel from the network to rule out any weird networking issues and the problem still persists.
I sent the board out to HAI for repair and they sent me back another board even though they stated nothing was wrong with the old board. On the old board it failed the HAI diode test so that was the reason it was sent in. In addition to failing the diode test on the console bus I was getting phantom events on the keypads. The system would attempt to arm itself or just randomly start beeping and display "unit number xx". My next step is to disconnect the consoles and card readers and then reconnect one by one. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Thanks!

Joe

I have disconnected the panel from the network to rule out any weird networking issues and the problem still persists.

Here first sign of my networking issues was it did to the time going way off sync.  Way off was more than one minute in a few hours of running.

If you want install the OmniLink software to a RPi or a Windows always on computer and only run the time sync part of it. It will email you when it has to sync the time depending on your tweaking of the INI file.

Secondary issues were my serially connected devices; IE: Omnitouch 5.7 and Omnistat issues and serially connected Homeseer and PCA.    For a bit I thought it was just the new Omnistat 2 that was giving me issues and HAI replaced it twice and I still had the same issues with it. 

To alleviate the issue I would disconnect the network port and reset the panel for days at a time.  I only utilized one keypad and never looked at it much for issues.

Before your next test watch the time and see how off it goes after 24 hours with the network cable plugged in.

Try again to disconnect the network cable but this time do a warm reset of the panel.  During testing alway kept PCA connected via a serial port.

If you can prove that it is a network issue which does affect the serial bus of the panel then put a router between the ethernet port and the rest of the network.

Here tinkering some went to the smallest microrouter that I could fine updated with OpenWRT firmware.  (Nexx 2" X 1") Powering it with the panel 12VDC to a 5VDC transformer and installed it inside of the OP2 can.

Back