Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

UPStart Control working, but not OmniPro Control


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DANNER

DANNER

    Cocooner

  • Registered
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

]A bunch of my HLC switches weren't working so I decided to "rebuild" my UPB Network.  I've gotten them all setup again with UPStart but they can't be controlled with my Omni Pro II.

 

I was careful to match the UPB UID with the Unit# in PC Access (See 1st Attached Shot).  This Knowledge Base article on setting up on "Applying HAI Lighting Control (HLC)" is entirely unhelpful since the description of step to PCAccess don't match up at all with the UI of the version I've got (For Instance, there's no such thing as Setup>>Micellaneous>>Control).

 

Th only thing I wasn't sure about what whether the Network ID in UPStart is supposed to match the UPB Network Address in PCAccess (See 2nd attached pic)

 

What else could I be missing to setup set switches with my panel?  

 

Are there any decent documents on UPB device setup with PC Access?

 


Attached File  Shot1.jpg   52.12K   12 downloads
Attached File  Shot2.jpg   27.76K   11 downloads

Edited by DANNER, 11 April 2019 - 01:15 AM.


#2 cobra

cobra

    Dedicated Cocooner

  • Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Location:SouthEast PA, USA
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Custom
  • Tech:UPB, Z-Wave

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

Just curious, you mention HLC light switches, but then used UPStart for configuration. While that can be done, generally if you configure with UPStart, then the lights are considered to be running in UPB control mode.

If they are actually setup as HLC lights (a specialized Leviton/HAI mode), the Omni panel can configure them and you are not required to configure them with UPStart.

Maybe you know all this already, if so, then it may not relate to your problem...

#3 DANNER

DANNER

    Cocooner

  • Registered
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:14 PM

Just curious, you mention HLC light switches, but then used UPStart for configuration. While that can be done, generally if you configure with UPStart, then the lights are considered to be running in UPB control mode.

If they are actually setup as HLC lights (a specialized Leviton/HAI mode), the Omni panel can configure them and you are not required to configure them with UPStart.

Maybe you know all this already, if so, then it may not relate to your problem...

 

I've tried setting all the switches to UPB mode in PCAccess, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

 

How does one typically setup an HLC Switch?  Can't find instructions for that either.



#4 JonW

JonW

    Cocoonut

  • Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • Location:Huntington Beach, CA
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:18 AM

UPB mode vs HLC mode isn't going to matter.  That just controls whether the OPII does the polling and status tracking.  I run devices on my panel in both modes and do most of my programming from UpStart.  Since changing the network ID, have you downloaded that to the panel?

 

Sounds like it really is just a communication issue coming out of the panel.  Do you have two PIM's or are you switching back and forth between one PIM when using UpStart and then the panel?  UpStart will put the PIM into pulse mode and you need to reset it to message mode for the panel.  If you're swapping one back and forth, you may need to reset it.  If you have two, use UpStart and both and see if you can send and receive messages on both.  Might have a bad PIM (less likely, but possible).  

 

You can follow this PDF for instructions on how to change modes or reset the PIM.  https://www.platt.co...001_install.pdf



#5 StarTrekDoors

StarTrekDoors

    Dedicated Cocooner

  • Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:23 PM

First, you need to match your UPStart settings to the Omnipro [Units>>Dealer Settings].   See this post from a few weeks ago;  http://cocoontech.co...-address-value/

 

Next, verify each UPB device [Units] in PC Access matches what you have in UPStart.

 

Finally, you can use the manual command in PC Access (Communications>>Send Command>>Control>>[select something here])

 

If the manual command does not work, verify your PIM is connected to the correct Serial Port.  If it is and cable is secure, try a different PIM.



#6 DANNER

DANNER

    Cocooner

  • Registered
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:11 AM

Sounds like it really is just a communication issue coming out of the panel.  Do you have two PIM's or are you switching back and forth between one PIM when using UpStart and then the panel?  UpStart will put the PIM into pulse mode and you need to reset it to message mode for the panel.  If you're swapping one back and forth, you may need to reset it.  If you have two, use UpStart and both and see if you can send and receive messages on both.  Might have a bad PIM (less likely, but possible).  

 

You can follow this PDF for instructions on how to change modes or reset the PIM.  https://www.platt.co...001_install.pdf

 

Awesome!  That was it!  I do have 2 PIMs but I swapped them to test at one point.  Something else like the UPB password must have been wrong at that point, but even after fixing that, swapping the PIMs must have caused a different problem with the same symptoms.

 

Thanks Jon!  I would have never figured that one out.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users