Alternatives to OPII?

snmhanson

I am going to be shopping for an automation controller/security system in the near future.  In our old house we had an OPII and I thought it was great.  However, with the changes going on with the Omni systems at Leviton and speculation that they are going to discontinue the line soon, I am thinking it would be a good idea to look at alternatives.  What would you guys recommend?  Elk seems like the closest replacement to an Omni system, but maybe separating security from automation would make sense.  I just started looking into Homeseer and it seems like a pretty robust system - though I would need a separate security system.  Any advice on those or other systems I should look at?  I just want something with a proven track record and plenty of integration with third party devices such as RA2, Sonos, thermostats, etc...

Thanks,

Matt

Here have been using Homeseer since 1998.  Omni Pro 2's since early 2000's. 

I am assuming that the OP2 will outlast me these days. 

The Omni Pro talks X10, UPB, Zigbee and ZWave.  Homeseer 3 talks to the same and WiFi MQTT.

If the OP2 fails and I am of sound mind and body then will update it with a hot spare. 

If the hot spare goes then would probably get an Elk.

Back