eKeypad index numbers and Elk M1 Zone numbers off by one

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChuckHartman5918

ChuckHartman5918

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:51 PM

I have a newly installed Elk M1 system and have successfully installed and configured the eKeypad app on my iPhone.  Almost everything seems to be as I would expect, however all of the M1 Zone numbers provided by my installer and their respective eKeypad index numbers (as downloaded from the Control) shown in the Zone list, are off by one. Is this by design?  Is there a setting that may be adjusted to have eKeypad show the same Elk zone number instead of the "zone" index?  If not, the label and number shown should be changed or make it a program setting to show the index or show the zone number.

As a professional software engineer I can understand why "an index of something' would be zero based. It also makes sense that the first external zone number assigned by the installer to the panel would be numbered one.  However, indexes are usually only used internally and not usually exposed to a consumer user interface.  

#2 mikefamig

mikefamig

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts
  • Experience:novice
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:UPB
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:48 AM

It has been years since I installed my M1G but as I recall the zones are named by the installer when he defines each of them in the ElkRP2 software. There is no number scheme that I recall and eKeypad just displays them exactly as they were named in EkdRP2.

Mike.

#3 ChuckHartman5918

ChuckHartman5918

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

Yes, the all of the zone names created by the installer with the ElkRP2 software are EXACTLY the same as those shown in the zone list in the eKeypad app.  However, the zone numbers used by ElkRP2 are all off by one compared to the eKeypad Index shown for the same zone.  For example, my Front Door zone is number 11 in the panel and in the ElkRp2 software, but the eKeypad Index for the same Front Door zone is 10.

It would be really nice if eKeypad could show the same zone number so the installer, my central monitoring service and I can all use the same number to refer to a given zone.  Is this possible or will this have to be a suggestion for the app developer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users