How to fix clock drift on Omni LT

Hi,
I have been observing that the clock on my Omni LT was drifting a few seconds every day and as a result I have to re-synch clock every week using PC Access Dealer (via Communications -> Set Controller Time).  

I noticed that there is a field called "Clock Adjust" under Miscellaneous Settings in PCA which is currently set to 43 by the previous owner of the house.  Is tinkering with "Clock Adjust" value the correct way to fix this issue?  (I didn't try to change "Clock Adjust" value because I was not sure what it is really meant for).  Please help.  Thank you

PC-Access_ClkAdj.JPG

The Omni Notifier adds the ability to sync the clock to a time server. If you've tied the panel into a HomeSeer system, you could also use that.

Homeseer 2 supported the serial Omni panels and had a time sync feature.  You could purchase an old Hometroller. 

Here is a script which syncs the time using the HAI Omni panel / HS2 plugin.

Sub Main
    dim bRet
    dim HAI
    set HAI = hs.Plugin("HAI_System")
    bRet = HAI.SetPanelDateTime
    hs.WriteLog "HAI Time","Result is " & bRet
End Sub

Pete,  Thanks for the suggestion.

pete_c said:
Homeseer 2 supported the serial Omni panels and had a time sync feature.  You could purchase an old Hometroller. 

It looks like the only Hometroller with serial port is their most expensive (~$1K) model! :(  

Maybe I should try to find a small Linux/Win board with serial port that can run Homeseer.
Or even a better idea would be to switch to an OmniPro II or some such newer controller board with ethernet port.

No.

You want to purchase an old Homeseer 2 Hometroller with a HS2 license on it as you cannot purchase a new HS2 license today.

These ran embedded XP on a Celeron CPU and were sold with Homeseer 2 standard or pro.

I sold one a couple of years back for around $75.   Many folks upgraded their old Hometrollers to run Homeseer 3 but it was too slow so they have been just shelving their old hometrollers and buying new ones for Homeseer 3.

BTW there are still many Homeseer users of old running Homeseer V1 and V2.  Works fine for them.

Note only mention of Homeseer 2 here is that the original Omni HS2 plugin worked only via a serial connection. (whether the panel had only serial or serial and ethernet).

Before Homeseer 3 Tink fixed the Homeseer 2 Omni serial plugin such that it worked fine with the thermostat and polling.

For purchasing a newer ethernet Omni Panel I would wait a bit as I am seeing prices high right now on Ebay for new or used panels. 

You will see lower prices on first generation chipped OmniPro 2 panels with 3 serial and 1 X10 interface.  These are old and function fine and not really worth much more than $300. About 2 weeks ago there was a  bulk Ebay sale on multple Omni panels probably from an alarm company.

Here modernizing my OmniPro 2 panel using:

1 - micro OpenWRT travel router with all sorts of features. You can manage the panel with said box using LUA written Omni basic commands. (thinking that the Vera folks did this way back) - $20 for a Nexx micro router updated to OpenWRT.
2 - micro ARM or Intel PC that fits inside of the panel running Ubuntu and Windows Omni applications. - $65 for a micro Atom PC with 4Gb of DDR RAM and a 64Gb eMMC that will run Ubuntu 64 bit and Oracle VBs.

The above provides an update to the panel to modern times.  Using a micro Intel computer you can run both Ubuntu and Embedded Windows on it.  Currently tinkering with a tiny W7e 32 bit build here running on 1Gb of RAM and 8 Gb of OS space. 

Back