giansiro

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Hardware:2GIG, DSC, Elk M1, StarGate
  • Audio:Nuvo

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

Anyone here familiar with Alula's products?

#2 BobS0327

BobS0327

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Software:Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:Custom
  • Tech:Z-Wave
  • CCTV:analog
  • Phone:Ooma

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

I phased out my Leviton/HAI OP2 in favor of a Qolsys IQ panel 2.  The Qolsys system is primarily a wireless device system.  But I had a lot of hardwired motion sensors, glass break detectors etc. that I wanted to tie into my new Qolsys panel.  The solution I used was the Alula  RE508X Universal Hardwire to Wireless Translator.  The translator has proven to be highly reliable and I'm satisfied with it's performance.

I might also venture to add that a lot of pro installers in my area use Alula products in the various security solutions that they have to offer.

#3 giansiro

giansiro

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Hardware:2GIG, DSC, Elk M1, StarGate
  • Audio:Nuvo

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

Here is a free tech support     Alula professional dealers and installers facebook group. If you have any questions.

#4 vc1234

vc1234

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 PM

I phased out my Leviton/HAI OP2 in favor of a Qolsys IQ panel 2.  T

Hi,

I am trying to decide what panel to use in my second house.  The security panel with integrated automation landscape looks pretty abysmal with Omni gone and Elk being superannuated and perhaps gone soon too.

Since you have experience with Omni, you could probably comment on what functionality one would be missing in comparison to Elk/Omni ?  Is there some rudimentary automation support ?

After briefly skimming through manuals, I saw some zwave support and apparently the security  RF is the ancient GE/Interlogic unencrypted 319.5MHz protocol.  There is apparently no inexpensive secondary keypad option, one has to buy another Android based touch screen panel to communicate with the main one.

Would not using the panel be a step backwards in comparison to Elk/Omni ?

Thanks !

#5 lanbrown

lanbrown

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Software:Indigo
  • Hardware:CaddX
  • Tech:Z-Wave

Posted Yesterday, 03:15 PM

I'd go the opposite route; integrate the alarm panel into an HA system and let the HA system handle the automation tasks.  HA systems will continue to evolve, new technologies will come out.  Replacing alarm panels to keep up doesn't seem like a viable option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users