Integrating Gate opener into Omni Pro 2

olie

Im looking at putting up a gate on my rural property shortly and want to also add a gate opener and have it linked to my Omni pro 2 as a sort of first defence security measure. Hoping to be able to integrate it with my op2 and work with my haiku app so that I can remotely open and close gate for visitors if I am not home. But otherwise keep closed when not in use.
Please let me know if anyone else has done anything like this... what they used and exactly how they did it.

Thanks for any input

Almost motor gate have terminal for keypad. You can using OmniPro II Output with external relay, Connect NO (Normal Open) to gate motor terminal. then program with button as example.

When "Open" then "Output Open" on for 1 second

Goodluck!

I just did a pretty major gate project here. I have an Elk not an Omni. But the operator will likely have several inputs for open, close, stop, fire, etc. so definitely possible. Curious if this will this be a sliding or swinging gate? How far from the Omni panel? What’s the climate like - snow? What will the gate be constructed of?

Plan to run conduits to each side of your driveway and maybe other locations depending on the gate and the site (e.g. are there entrapment areas that need safety sensors?) Also consider adding a keypad for guests to use rather than relying on an app. Gates can be very dangerous and you really should be able to see it when you’re operating it. You’ll maybe want remotes too.

I’ve learned a lot about gates in the past 6 months...

Once you’ve decided the type of gate then picked which operator to use you can get a better sense of exactly how to accomplish this.

I recently installed 2 SLD-211 operators on sliding gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply-Automated UPB relay works great for this.  Happen to have one attached to an open/close/running commercial sliding gate.  Triggers messages on gate run through Omni.  Omni macro button to open, macro to close, or whatever you might want to do.

Because it runs over the power lines, no extra wiring was needed and already had UPB in use so this was an easy install.

http://www.simply-automated.com/products/items/UMI_input_output_module.php

@startrekdoors thats a great idea seeing how I have power and Im familiar with upstart so I see that working well. Thank you for your input!

Appreciate the thanks!  :rockon:   Personally, I have a similar setup at home using the SA UMI-32 UPB relay with OP macro buttons configured for open, close, as well as triggers for messages, alarm, etc.. UMI-32 is wired directly to the gate controller switch connectors plus connected to the gate controller AC power outlet so we can receive messages like gate running and gate open.

Back