• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sergi182

sergi182

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:21 PM

I have an omnitouch 5.7e. At one point i loaded a custom layout from automation studio and had it working with my onmi iie well. I put it in storage for a while and now am having an issue. When i plug it in it loads to the connecting please wait screen and it sits there. I can not touch and hold the screen to get to the ip settings no matter how long i hold the screen for.

I downloaded the upgrade files from the leviton website and loaded them onto both a 512 flash drive and an 8gb flash drive formatted in fat and fat32. Each time i put the drive in and reboot the screen i get system error upgrade error on the device.

Any idea what could be going on? Anyone have files they know work and could put them on here to try? I dont know if the files are corrupts from the website or not but I would really like to get this touchscreen back to factory if i can.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

#2 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 9346 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Main Lobby, Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire, xAP, xPL, ALC
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:MythTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:Asterisk, FreePBX, Ooma, POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:35 AM

Welcome to the Cocoontech Forum sergi182.

Here have one Omnitouch 5.7e that over the years will not properly boot sometimes.  I attribute this to a going or almost gone eMMC chip.

Best stick that I have used are the old 128 or 256 Mb USB sticks for upgrading the firmware.

I have attached the files you need but guessing that the ones you downloaded are not corrupt.

Hopefully the issue here is just in the USB stick format and not the files themselves and not the eMMC on the Omnitouch 5.7e.

Note you will lose your custom screen stuff with the update and will need to do it again.

Checked the link and files at:

hxxp://www.homeauto.com/Support/Downloads/OmniTouch.asp

They are fine and the same as my archives.

Try again but use a smaller USB stick...

or create a tiny partition on one of your sticks using Linux Gparted or disk manager or a windows software which lets you create small partitions...like MiniTool Partition manager free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users