Omnitouch 5.7e restore

sergi182

I have an omnitouch 5.7e. At one point i loaded a custom layout from automation studio and had it working with my onmi iie well. I put it in storage for a while and now am having an issue. When i plug it in it loads to the connecting please wait screen and it sits there. I can not touch and hold the screen to get to the ip settings no matter how long i hold the screen for.

I downloaded the upgrade files from the leviton website and loaded them onto both a 512 flash drive and an 8gb flash drive formatted in fat and fat32. Each time i put the drive in and reboot the screen i get system error upgrade error on the device.

Any idea what could be going on? Anyone have files they know work and could put them on here to try? I dont know if the files are corrupts from the website or not but I would really like to get this touchscreen back to factory if i can.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Welcome to the Cocoontech Forum sergi182.

Here have one Omnitouch 5.7e that over the years will not properly boot sometimes.  I attribute this to a going or almost gone eMMC chip.

Best stick that I have used are the old 128 or 256 Mb USB sticks for upgrading the firmware.

I have attached the files you need but guessing that the ones you downloaded are not corrupt.

Hopefully the issue here is just in the USB stick format and not the files themselves and not the eMMC on the Omnitouch 5.7e.

Note you will lose your custom screen stuff with the update and will need to do it again.

Checked the link and files at:

hxxp://www.homeauto.com/Support/Downloads/OmniTouch.asp

They are fine and the same as my archives.

Try again but use a smaller USB stick...

or create a tiny partition on one of your sticks using Linux Gparted or disk manager or a windows software which lets you create small partitions...like MiniTool Partition manager free.

Good morning Pete!  

Three quick questions.

(My newly acquired 53A00-1 & 53A00-2 are in transit to me!)

Can a 53A00-2 appear like a 53A00-1 if I use the (ver 3.0.0.6) 53A00-1 firmware on it?

Or perhaps made it look that way with Automation Studio?    

Is HAI 1126 available anywhere other than Smarthome.com for $450 dollars?    

Do you think I could use a POE injector for the 53A00-2 with this part and get the data from the controller via wifi without having to run an ethernet cable from the basement to the 2nd floor?  :)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0118SPFCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1    

Thank you for your thoughts!  Lee        

Can a 53A00-2 appear like a 53A00-1 if I use the (ver 3.0.0.6) 53A00-1 firmware on it?

The 53A00-2 is the OmniTouch 5.7e touchscreen.  It is a POE Ethernet connected touchscreen.

It is running CE and locked down.  Test it on a workbench.  It will have a default screen.  Last firmware update was over 10 years ago on this device.

You can change the screen on it with the Leviton OmnTouch screen editor called Automation Studio which unlocks the screen.

The 53A00-1 is the Omnitouch 5.7 touchscreen.  It is a serially connected touchscreen that uses 4 wires like the console uses.  IE: Power, Ground, TX and RX.

The firmware for this touchscreen is over 10 years old.  It will automatically connect to the Omni panel when connected.

Well there are two different firmware's for the Omnitouch 5.7e and Omnitouch 5.7 screens.  2nd firmware is for the video doorstation. 

Is HAI 1126 available anywhere other than Smarthome.com for $450 dollars?    

I was not aware that the HAI Automation studio  (HAI 1126) was available for purchase.  You can modify the Omnitouch 5.7E screen with the HAI Automation Studio.

Do you think I could use a POE injector for the 53A00-2 with this part and get the data from the controller via wifi without having to run an ethernet cable from the basement to the 2nd floor?

The BrosTrend AC1200 Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter for Printer, Smart TV, Blu-Ray Player, Game Console, PS4, Xbox is an Ethernet to WiFi adapter and it will work for the OmniTouch 5.7e with a POE power injector.

TP--Link and other MFGs make reasonably priced POE injectors.

It would be nice to find a combination POE and Ethernet to WiFi device.

My customized tabletop touch screens work via POE Ethernet Gb and Wireless just fine with Omnitouch Pro software.

Thanks a million Pete!  I'll let you know if my experiment with connecting wifi works.

Thanks for mentioning the CE is locked down. 

Also very helpful! "Best stick that I have used are the old 128 or 256 Mb USB sticks for upgrading the firmware."

Do you have/use Automation Studio?  Is it very useful?  I'm interested in changing some appearance things, but not adding floor plans or anything like that!

Do you think I could EVER find any 53A17's, god forbid 53A17-WH's?

I REALLY appreciate your help!

Lee

Do you have/use Automation Studio?

Yes.  I run it on a Windows 2016 server and use it via RDP.  It works.  

Do you think I could EVER find any 53A17's, god forbid 53A17-WH's?

Personally never used one and these days mostly see stuff offered on Ebay.  

Here utilizing HP Elitepad 1000 G2's with Windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04.  They work fine with Omnitouch Pro.

Got the first 5.7e today!

The BrosTrend wifi adapter is working great!

Is there somewhere you can view the current firmware version on the 57e?

I brought some 256mb flash drives and formatted one with FAT32.

I put the two files, the updater and firmware 3.0.0.13 on it.

So far I'm getting the system error update error message when I try to update.

Any ideas? !!!

Thank you,

Lee

Don't know why, but the off brand 256mb stick will not do the update.

I used a 4GB SanDisk stick (FAT32) and it worked perfectly.

Would still like to know can you view the firmware version anywhere?

And what's the "settings" ICON for?  It seems blank like nothing is stored there?

Would still like to know can you view the firmware version anywhere?

Never paid attention but do not see firmware version at all on my Omnitouch 5.7e's or Omnitouch Pro software running.

Thinking you already have the latest firmware on yours cuz it is 15 or more years old now....

Pete, thanks for the 2nd opinions!

Yeah, I think 3.0.0.13 is the latest firmware available.

If I have this right, re-flashing the firmware is the HAI approved method for a factory reset, even if you're flashing it with the same firmware version it's currently using.

Yes, when the 53A00-1 starts it displays the firmware version -- the 53A00-2 does not.

Where are the more installer type of settings in the 53A00-2?  They're available on the 53A00-1 but the settings menu in the 53A00-2 appears to be empty?

I REALLY like this unit! :)

Push down with your finger on an empty part of the screen for a few seconds.  A configuration menu will present itself.

On the screen set up tab of the menu you will see your firmware version.

Mine here (modified screen) shows:

1.0.3.25/3.0.0.13

If the touchscreen has been modified with the HAI screen designer program then reflashing it will bring the touchscreen back to stock.  

Found it Pete!  Thanks!

The RJ-45 I punched down with the correct wiring for the 53A00-1 works great!

Made a small but not damaging mistake with the 53A00-1.  Can NOT use 50 feet of the slim ethernet cable!  I should have realized it was 30 AWG.  Too thin to use!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 5
Back