Cheapo 5MP IP HD smart boards

pete_c

Guru
Testing a generic "cheapo" 4MP and 5MP IP HD smart camera board.  It is 38mm square.
Ordered a similiar camera today that is 5MP.

Works with:

1 - Amazon Show
2 - CCTV NVR
3 - ONVIF compatible and H264(5) with sound
4 - Android and iPhone use
5 - Windows use
6 - HikVision and Dahua compatible
7 - It has both H264(5) and MJPG video output and JPG stills.
8 - Leviton OmniTouch Screens

Software used to configure camera:

1 - Windows Internet Explorer
2 - OnVIF Linux application
3 - CMS application

Camera #1 4MP with a 3.6mm lense - $25 USD free shipping
Camera #2 5MP with a 2.8mm lense - $25 USD free shipping

The cameras do not come with a power supply. They do have a microphone and speaker output pins.

The Android applications are in the cloud. IE: HikVision app.

I prefer not to utilize Android here to manage my cameras.

The same company sells WiFi modules and POE modules for same cameras.

pete_c said:
Testing a generic "cheapo" 4MP IP HD smart camera board.  It is 38mm square.
Ordered a similiar camera today that is 5MP.

Could you please share the brand and the link you got them from ?

Thanks.

No brand is listed.  Just purchasing a 5MP one for around $25 (offer).

HD 5mp Audio CCTV IP Camera Module Network Security PCB board CMOS XMEye ONVIF

eBay item number:  254331196659  Getting this one with a 2.8mm lens.

Here are some  take apart info links:

hxxp://marcusjenkins.com/hacking-cheap-ebay-ip-camera/
hxxps://www.burglaryalarmsystem.com/technology-news/china-ip-camera-configuration-firmware.html
hxxps://gist.github.com/gabonator/3d2bc36e9eb62c52742d45113126c1ba

pete_c said:
No brand is listed.  Just purchasing a 5MP one for around $25 (offer).

HD 5mp Audio CCTV IP Camera Module Network Security PCB board CMOS XMEye ONVIF

eBay item number:  254331196659  Getting this one with a 2.8mm lens.

Here are some  take apart info links:

hxxp://marcusjenkins.com/hacking-cheap-ebay-ip-camera/
hxxps://www.burglaryalarmsystem.com/technology-news/china-ip-camera-configuration-firmware.html

Interesting ... thanks !

It's been many years ago that I have played with camera boards.  They were all between $100 and $150 each and double or triple layered boards at the time and the ones I purchased had Grandstream OS's.  (with SIP audio)

The source company also now has 20 + MP boards for use with facial recognition.

Here is my camera blog from 2013 + or so...

hxxp://cocoontech.com/forums/blog/29/entry-412-speco-ip67-or-everfocus-ip67-dome-with-grandstream-hd-ip-camera-board-diy/

Here looking to retrofit these in my Optex combo's.  These look like PIRs mostly with a section that houses the cameras.

Never did do this as most of the camera boards were too big...so now doing it...

hxxp://cocoontech.com/forums/blog/29/entry-441-optex-combo-hdip-camera-board-modification/

Each of these has 3 sensors and one camera and built to last a lifetime.  (only sold in the EU).

Looking to get the schematic for these boards as there are connections on the board for IR, alarm i/o input and output, et al. 

Looking on Ebay you will see now generic (same) wireless outdoor 2MP PTZ cameras being sold for $39.95.

Here is a JPG picture of the generic configuration stuff.  Note that it only works in IE on my W2016 server.  CMS only works in Windows.  For Linux here using a generic ONVIF utility.

Note the OS is almost identical to the Hikvision and Dahua camera OS base. Same with the new OEM Hikvision doorbell. Way open compared to the Ring Doorbell. (Hikvision doorbell has a better sensor, better camera and a better OS).

Works with Android / iOS configurations. 

I prefer to program these cameras in Linux / Firefox.  The API though is only for Windows, Android or iOS.

I am now able to telnet to the device on an odd port.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1229]

Firmware links are here now:

hxxps://www.unifore.net/ip-video-surveillance/v4-02-r12-ip-camera-firmware-download.html

So links for RTSP streaming are: (note this depends on your configuration)

rxxp://192.168.244.151/user=admin_password=password_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

This is a 2560 X 1440 stream

rxxp://192.168.244.151/user=admin_password=password_channel=1_stream=1.sdp?real_stream

This is a 704 X 480 stream

JPG captures are similiar (using this for OmniTouch screens)

Low Res - 704px × 480px

hxxp://192.168.244.151/webcapture.jpg?user=admin&password=pwd&command=snap&channel=0

Update 20th of September, 2019

Received 5MP 28mm lense "el cheapo" smart cam this past week.  It has the same OS  as the 4MP smart cam. 

It is ONVIF, Hikvision compatible plus Android and iOS applications for it. 

Updating old ZM CCTV box to newer hardware and may move from ZM to different NVR Linux software (previously mentioned).

Yes...from one of the above links...

The camera is run by a HiSilicon HI3158 System-On-Chip for IP cameras. Also you’ll see a HST-0041 SAR transformer for the wired Ethernet interface, a 25L6406E 64Mbit CMOS serial Flash and a IP101GR Ethernet transceiver. On the other side there’s the camera itself – you can unscrew the mechanicals to reveal the sensor which is mounted onto the PCB. That’s it for teardown!

Side note: apparently there’s an API for the HI3518 and Googling Hi3518_SDK_V1.0.7.0.tgz will get you an SDK.

Here is the SDK and datasheet.    It is a bit newer than the SDK I got from the vendor.

Hi3518_SDK_V1.0.7.0

Hi351820DataSheet

Update 26th of September, 2019

Connected the new "el cheapo" 5MP with 28mm lens camera board.

Works great. 

Note these cameras work a 1Gb connection.  I am using the Hikvision batch configuration program.

It is a tad easier to use that the Hikvision CMS program. 

Camera allows for two RTSP streams and JPG capture for use with the OmniTouch screens (direct connect).

Long term will be using these with an NVR.

28th September, 2019

Note that these are Hikvision camera model DS-2CD 3T20 D-I3 4 MP and 5 MP camera 38mm square boards.

Looking now for an 8MP 28mm lens similiar camera board.

Back