4 replies to this topic

#1 alexh

alexh

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

It seems that virtually all e-mail providers are requiring log in security that is not supported on the ELK. I was using G-mail with less secure access but that does not seem to work anymore. I switched to my ATT account which works but they are going to require OAuth soon.

I do have an always on server running Win 7 and one solution seems to be to install a local e-mail server but I'm hoping there is something simpler.

Seems like the entire Elk installed base will have an issue so I don't understand why Elk will not address this.

#2 mikefamig

mikefamig

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • Experience:novice
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:UPB
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:30 AM

Google Gmail allows you to add what they call an app password for devies that do not allow two step security. I use it with my elk. Look in your account settings under security.

Mike.

#3 alexh

alexh

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

Thanks, that was hard to find. Here is the link in case others need to find it (Other google Account Settings)

#4 alexh

alexh

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:09 AM

Thanks, that was hard to find. Here is the link in case others need to find it (Other google Account Settings)

Attached Files

#5 mikefamig

mikefamig

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • Experience:novice
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:UPB
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:24 AM

I had to go look that info up before posting it here, it's been a long time since I set mine up. I also programmed the Elk to send me a "good morning" email every morning in order to keep the account alive. Some free accounts get deleted after a long period of inactivity.

Mike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users