Elk M1 Gold resets every 4-5mins

TriLife

Greetings,

Any idea on the topic above?

I can log on remotely with the M1 Touch.

I'm overseas and will only be on site for a short period of time. Want to order spares so I can bring it back up.

Cheers,

The first thing I would check is the AC power supply voltage to the M1, and also the voltage on the back up battery.

AC power should read 16-19V.   Battery should be around 13.8V

After that, I'd check for possible data bus problems.

Thanks RAL,

Will do. I just replaced the batteries a couple of months ago, but it might be something on the bus. One of the keypads was on the brink...

Cheers!

Here's what the Alarm monitoring company just sent me:

ALARM - EXP MOD FAILURE (TB3) 'GREAT ROOM ENTRY' S: 1 A: 1 Z: 2 RL: SYS16 TX-ID:
140 Key: E333 OA: 1 OZ: 2
ALLOCATED - EXP MOD FAILURE (TB3) - Auto-Get
VIEWED - EXP MOD FAILURE (TB3) - Response [03:26]

Can you tell from this, which module failed?

The event log tells "expansion module trouble" and "expansion module restore", but triggers am alarm...

Cheers

I'm not sure where in that data the expansion module address might be, if it's there at all. 

How many expansion modules do you have?  Are you using a DBH to connect them?

I would try and narrow things down by disconnecting them one at a time and then run the system and see if the problem goes away.

If it's just a loose connection that is causing the problem, removing and adding the modules might clear up the problem.

I had this recently too all kinds of module failure errors, and it turned out to be a bad battery.   Not sure why, but the battery was causing a voltage drop and I had 10-ish volts on the power bus.    So even  though the batteries are new you might must try to disconnect them before chasing down modules.

wuench said:
I had this recently too all kinds of module failure errors, and it turned out to be a bad battery.   Not sure why, but the battery was causing a voltage drop and I had 10-ish volts on the power bus.    So even  though the batteries are new you might must try to disconnect them before chasing down modules.
Thanks Cocoonut. I replaced all the batteries and the problem went away. Back to normal!

Back