14 replies to this topic

#1 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:49 PM

I am learning how to make OmniTouch7 screens in Bitwise.

When you put a button on a screen and Action Type is Omni you need to fill the Omni Command string

omni:type:number:action:param:

So if I want to run a Omni Button would it be

omni:button:goodmorning:

or

omni:button:1:

or do I need more than that?

omni:button:goodmorning:on:

#2 ASIHome

ASIHome

Dedicated Cocooner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:49 AM

omni:button:1:DO_BUTTON:

Change the "1" to the button you want to activate.

If you right click on a screen and add "Omni", there are options to add Omni controls there. You can use that to learn the commands you want to use or drop those in and just change / resize the graphics.

Edited by ASIHome, 23 December 2019 - 08:51 AM.

#3 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the tip.  I have built most of my screens but still cant figure out how to show the temperature from the omni Temp sensors/zones.

Can I use Custom Feedback Text or Feedback State ID?    LSA_OMNI_ZONE_41_CURRENT_TEMPERATURE  - however that doesnt work. 

I have been able to insert a live stream from my Wyze camera into a screen (android).  I still cant get it to show on the omnitouch7 screen even though when you set up cameras I used the test screen and it works there, but not on the omnitouch7.

#4 ASIHome

ASIHome

Dedicated Cocooner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

Unfortunately, that is one of the things you lose when going to the Bitwise firmware. No temp sensor data, no messages, no user settings and no cameras (there might be one or two more).

#5 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:46 AM

I was able to have cameras show up, but not as and OMNI command.

I use a web page and use the source of my NetCam //server/mjep/camera#?auth Token string.

Works great!

Re:temps, what is interesting is that on the omnitouch7 originals screens you can add temp sensor to rooms and then my outside or greenhouse temperatures show up there. So somehow there is a way to do it.

What about system time and date using BitWise?

I have been reading JavaScript, but am still real confused about how to use it. There is a JS date() I just have no idea how to get it and maybe put into a BW variable that could be displayed?

#6 ASIHome

ASIHome

Dedicated Cocooner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:43 PM

There is a Feedback Label for putting the Date (and one for time) on screen as text but it pulls from the OT7. There is no way to set the time on them.

#7 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:15 PM

Hi,

Making some progress but issues.

I have learned in power on, vol up, vol dn into controller and have test page with buttons.

I can only get the power on/off and volume up to work on port 5 blaster. nothing else works.  I have re-learned the commands.

I am using Continuous or single with no repeat.

Nothing works on any emitter ports. I am using xantech 284M mouse emitters. 

Unit is a Marantx DE300ES, not in the database. There is a CntrlA II plug on back, I tried that with no luck either though I am not sure this is what it was designed for.

The red status light on BC4 flashes when I do buttons.

#8 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:07 AM

There is a Feedback Label for putting the Date (and one for time) on screen as text but it pulls from the OT7. There is no way to set the time on them.

???

omni:date:

omni:time

???

#9 ASIHome

ASIHome

Dedicated Cocooner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:53 AM

???

omni:date:

omni:time

???

I've not seen those documented anywhere and they never came up in any of my discussions with Leviton. I did try some custom feedback with those since you posted and they do not seem to work.

#10 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:00 PM

Still working on IR. I just got new IR transmitters that have a light in them to show when they are sending signals. The BC4 and the emitters are both showing a signal sent.  I have read that Sony equipment takes at least 50ms to receive the signals.  How do you accomplish that? I have tried all the combinations on buttons of repeat or no repeat, continuous or burst and still not getting there.

How do I increase the signal time?

#11 ASIHome

ASIHome

Dedicated Cocooner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

Still working on IR. I just got new IR transmitters that have a light in them to show when they are sending signals. The BC4 and the emitters are both showing a signal sent.  I have read that Sony equipment takes at least 50ms to receive the signals.  How do you accomplish that? I have tried all the combinations on buttons of repeat or no repeat, continuous or burst and still not getting there.

How do I increase the signal time?

You may have to increase the pulse count. I've had times where I had to shift the carrier frequency as well for some devices as well.

#12 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:01 PM

You may have to increase the pulse count. I've had times where I had to shift the carrier frequency as well for some devices as well.

Ok, so how do I do either of those?

Thx

#13 ASIHome

ASIHome

Dedicated Cocooner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:00 AM

Go into the IR Device properties and then on the Advanced tab, you can make adjustments to the signal.

#14 rumb

rumb

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

There is not any Advanced tab on IR properties (mine says IP Device Setup at top). I'm using PE ver 1.9.130. on a BC4 rev1

Update: I learned that this feature is only available on BC1's.

Edited by rumb, 21 January 2020 - 08:51 PM.

#15 ASIHome

ASIHome

Dedicated Cocooner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

There is not any Advanced tab on IR properties (mine says IP Device Setup at top). I'm using PE ver 1.9.130. on a BC4 rev1

Update: I learned that this feature is only available on BC1's.

You can do it on Gen. 2 BC4s. With your Gen. 1, you might have to do a macro to send the command twice in succession.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users