Anybody using an ISY plus Polisy with Lifx?

upstatemike

I just got back to playing with the Lifx Nodeserver on my Polisy and am running into trouble. As I make changes in the Lifx app to rename bulbs and move them from one Lifx group to another I find those changes are not propogating correctly to the Nodeserver. I don't know how to either force a data refresh or manually edit the errors and don't see any mention of it in the docs. Is anybody using this setup who could point me to the instructions on how to sync the Lifx Nodeserver to changes in the Lifx configuration?

I don't have experience with your specific situation, but I do have several nodeservers on my Polisy, so I do have some experience with it.  Whenever I have problems with changes not propagating to the Polisy, I can usually get things the way they should be by deleting the incorrect nodes in Polisy and then restarting that individual nodeserver.  This has worked for me many times with the Harmony nodeserver. 

carealtor said:
I don't have experience with your specific situation, but I do have several nodeservers on my Polisy, so I do have some experience with it.  Whenever I have problems with changes not propagating to the Polisy, I can usually get things the way they should be by deleting the incorrect nodes in Polisy and then restarting that individual nodeserver.  This has worked for me many times with the Harmony nodeserver. 
Was going to try that but I wasn't sure if I deleted a node if it would be rediscovered when I restart the Nodeserver or if it would be somehow marked as not wanted and never put back? Also wondering what would happen if I delete and reinstall the entire Nodeserver? Of course then I have to rebuild all my programs in ISY so not loving that approach.

upstatemike said:
Was going to try that but I wasn't sure if I deleted a node if it would be rediscovered when I restart the Nodeserver or if it would be somehow marked as not wanted and never put back? Also wondering what would happen if I delete and reinstall the entire Nodeserver? Of course then I have to rebuild all my programs in ISY so not loving that approach.
I wouldn't delete the NS. I don't think carealtor meant that. Just stop and then restart the nameserver.
If you delete the NS all you programs will likely have to be rebuilt or refreshed again.

I think some of NS are not dynamic and only do an image grab when they first boot-up.

LarrylLix said:
I wouldn't delete the NS. I don't think carealtor meant that. Just stop and then restart the nameserver.
If you delete the NS all you programs will likely have to be rebuilt or refreshed again.

I think some of NS are not dynamic and only do an image grab when they first boot-up.
Tried stopping and restarting several times and that does not do it. Also worried about deleting as I have read horror stories where a Nodeserver is deleted in Polisy but does not delete from ISY and then you are really stuck!

Yes, I meant delete the individual node(s) that are problematic.  I wasn't recommending deleting the whole Lifx nodeserver.  Save that as last resort.

Sometimes you can delete the NS and then reinstall it at the same node port and all programs will continue like nothing happenned.

Might be good to talk to the NS author first. He may have some ideas or even a new version to overload it.

Back