Omni Interior Sounder - activate under program or manual control?

jfree23

Hi All, I'm trying to implement a simple alarm mechanism in code on my OmniIIe, just to sound the interior sounder under some conditions when a door is opened.  It works fine when a "real" event occurs while the system is armed, and I don't want to mess up that operation.  Just thinking to create code blocks to watch the doors I want, and sound interior alarm for a few seconds if one goes not-ready.    But I can't find any way to activate the sounders manually like that, and nothing I tried (using Unit 73 which is supposed to be related to that sounder somehow but seems like just a flag) has worked.  

Am I missing a simple command, setting, or option to make the sounder sing, using a program statement, button, or whatever?

Thanks

No, not missing anything. I did the same thing with an outside siren, so opening a gate triggered the siren, but not really the alarm. 

What you have to do is use a relay and connect that to an output. Then you will need code to trigger it when you want and also set a trigger, so you also activate it when the alarm is really going off, if thats what you want. You can't do it the other way around, manually trigger the real siren output. 

One other thought, if you are handy with simple electronics. is use two diodes to connect to a relay, one connected to the regular siren output, the other connected to an available output. Then it would automatically turn on the siren with an alarm, and you could also programmatically also turn it on. This would eliminate the need for code when the alarm triggered.

Here way back removed all of the OmniPro consoles except for one in the basement and do not like the sound from the Omnitouch 5.7e's.   Tried using the internal sounder and it is just too loud (piezo).  

The above said reinstalling another old style console somewhere on the main floor as I miss the beeps.

Thanks folks, it's about what I expected.   Too bad really, as the control circuits are all in there, just can't access them from the user program side.  And it does not look like Leviton will be releasing the source code any time soon even if I wanted to try hacking it.

I do have a 4 relay panel (10A07 I think) in my enclosure, only using 2 relays now, could wire the interior sounder to one of them and write the code to sound when I want it, and also trigger when an alarm goes off.  

I do have all orig consoles, I like the beep  :)  but it is not loud enough for this purpose.  Also have RC-80 thermostats.   Come to think of it, given Leviton's position, I think my whole system is pretty much antique, or now they'd say "classic" .  I still don't see a real replacement around that can do what it does, pretty reliable 24/7, doesn't need updates and resets all the time.  

jfree23 said:
 I think my whole system is pretty much antique, or now they'd say "classic" .  I still don't see a real replacement around that can do what it does, pretty reliable 24/7, doesn't need updates and resets all the time.  
There is a reason for this, of course. Demand just isn't there, and with very little demand, you are not going to find companies jumping into this market.

it does, pretty reliable 24/7, doesn't need updates and resets all the time.  

There would be a reason for the resetting on its own.  Only time I have had an issue with my panel related to the network port taking down the serial bus.

I fixed it by installing a micro router between the ethernet interface and a network switch.  

Back