Photo
- - - - -

Omni Interior Sounder - activate under program or manual control?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jfree23

jfree23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

Hi All, I'm trying to implement a simple alarm mechanism in code on my OmniIIe, just to sound the interior sounder under some conditions when a door is opened.  It works fine when a "real" event occurs while the system is armed, and I don't want to mess up that operation.  Just thinking to create code blocks to watch the doors I want, and sound interior alarm for a few seconds if one goes not-ready.    But I can't find any way to activate the sounders manually like that, and nothing I tried (using Unit 73 which is supposed to be related to that sounder somehow but seems like just a flag) has worked.  

Am I missing a simple command, setting, or option to make the sounder sing, using a program statement, button, or whatever?

Thanks

#2 ano

ano

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3570 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB, ZigBee
  • Audio:HAI
  • Phone:Ooma

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

No, not missing anything. I did the same thing with an outside siren, so opening a gate triggered the siren, but not really the alarm. 

What you have to do is use a relay and connect that to an output. Then you will need code to trigger it when you want and also set a trigger, so you also activate it when the alarm is really going off, if thats what you want. You can't do it the other way around, manually trigger the real siren output. 

One other thought, if you are handy with simple electronics. is use two diodes to connect to a relay, one connected to the regular siren output, the other connected to an available output. Then it would automatically turn on the siren with an alarm, and you could also programmatically also turn it on. This would eliminate the need for code when the alarm triggered.

Edited by ano, Yesterday, 11:34 PM.

#3 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 9869 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Main Lobby, Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire, xAP, xPL, ALC
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:MythTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:Asterisk, FreePBX, Ooma, POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted Today, 06:18 AM

Here way back removed all of the OmniPro consoles except for one in the basement and do not like the sound from the Omnitouch 5.7e's.   Tried using the internal sounder and it is just too loud (piezo).  

The above said reinstalling another old style console somewhere on the main floor as I miss the beeps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users