Touble with .net email account?

JimS

Infrequently I have trouble with my email that is sbcglobal.net in that some systems seem to not accept it.  I get email on it all the time but I just was checking an order I placed several weeks ago and it was cancelled because they said my email was invalid.  They also said they tried to call me but I don't believe them.  They person admitted that it wasn't them that called but that someone should have.  I was on the phone with them so they tried to send me an email as a test and said they got a failure notice.  I gave them a gmail.com address and it went through so I used that and everything seems to have worked.  I have this come up infrequently and all I can think of is some systems may not be programmed to deal with .net addresses.  I could be way off base.  I recall trying to register at a web site and trying several times always failing to get the confirmation email to register.  Put in the gmail address and it worked first try. 

Anyone have similar experience or know what the issue may be?

JimS said:
Infrequently I have trouble with my email that is sbcglobal.net in that some systems seem to not accept it.  I get email on it all the time but I just was checking an order I placed several weeks ago and it was cancelled because they said my email was invalid.  They also said they tried to call me but I don't believe them.  They person admitted that it wasn't them that called but that someone should have.  I was on the phone with them so they tried to send me an email as a test and said they got a failure notice.  I gave them a gmail.com address and it went through so I used that and everything seems to have worked.  I have this come up infrequently and all I can think of is some systems may not be programmed to deal with .net addresses.  I could be way off base.  I recall trying to register at a web site and trying several times always failing to get the confirmation email to register.  Put in the gmail address and it worked first try. 

Anyone have similar experience or know what the issue may be?
.net addresses are not a problem.  This looks like an address owned by AT&T. The domain doesn't seem to be blacklisted, but it also doesn't seem to be working, either.  I would complain to them.  Is this your ISP?  

Jim - In all the many years that I have supported email system and end users and managed mail servers, SBCGlobal accounts have had the most problems.  There are a multitude of reasons.  Hard to say exactly what your issue was without the trail of email headers and such.  But I always advised my customers back when I was doing support, to get a different email provider for business/mission critical stuff. 

It's not the .net address that's the issue.  But more than likely the random server that your message was sent from was on a spammer list or some such.  SBCs server bounce on and off of the spammer lists constantly, because they get so many compromised email accounts blasting spam.  At least that's one theory. 

But I have had a personal domain ending in .NET for at least 15 years now and never had an issue.

Here also have a private dot net email address that I have used now for almost 20 years which is attached to a personal domain.

I have though quit using provided ISP email accounts from XFinity and Verizon over the years.  I also utilize GMail and MS Mail here for many many years. 

Back