Rebooting ELK M1 from RP2 or reset smoke alarm

TriLife

Greetings,

I'm out of town, overseas and my smoke alarm triggered, likely due to the crappy air with all the Wild fires around.

There is no fire at the house, but the smoke alarm latched and I need to reset it.

Is there a way to do this from the RP2 software? I only find a way to reboot the M1XEP...

Cheers;

I would try disarming the system from the status screen and then re-arming. Not sure if it will reset the smoke but worth a try.

Mike.

Not in ElkRP that I am aware of. You may not need to recycle power.  There is menu option on the keypad to reset the smokes. I think it's menu option 2. If you have a remote keypad you could do that, but I dont know of a way to do it from ElkRP.

mikefamig said:
I would try disarming the system from the status screen and then re-arming. Not sure if it will reset the smoke but worth a try.

Mike.

MarkH056 said:
Not in ElkRP that I am aware of. You may not need to recycle power.  There is menu option on the keypad to reset the smokes. I think it's menu option 2. If you have a remote keypad you could do that, but I dont know of a way to do it from ElkRP.

Thanks Mark&Mike;

I tried that. And I even found an action in automation, which allows me to reset the smoke, which I linked to a task... No luck.

Asking a friend to do go flip the panel switch...

Cheers.

Back