Online list of OTA TV stations with short description?

JimS

Looking for a list of OTA stations so I can mark what is shopping channels and others I don't want for easy reference.  I have found lots of guides but none that are close to what I want.  There are about 50 so I could just do it by hand but if I had something close it would save a lot of time.  The channels change from time to time, mainly additions, so I need to rescan the channels in the TV and delete the ones I don't want.  I have schedules direct for the guide for the DVR (MythTV) but the on line page is just a list of numbers.

I use the listing page in MythTV and in MythTV delete the crap channels near Chicago (66+ channels). 

You can just write down those channels and delete them on the MythTV GUI.  (settings, TV, channel info).  

Googling found nocable dot org.  Registered and see a guide with OTA channel numbers just fine.  

If you are integrating with KODI you can utilize the MythTV plugin.

That said here learning how to save / record streams with KODI.

Here my MythTV box is also running LMS and Plex server these days.

I got the report from Schedules direct and then edited it.  That's the same as my Myth box uses.

I wanted more than just the numbers - I wanted some indication of what they were.

Shut off using Schedules direct for a bit and get the 2-3 day schedule from the broadcast station.

My listings in MythTV show channel number, ID and schedule. 

Going down the listings I wrote down the channels with stuff per schedule that I did not want to come up any more.

I removed those channels from coming up any more in MythTV.  

You can do the same via nocable dot org and see the channel ID, callsign and schedule.  Just write down those channels that you do not want to come up.

Back