Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Experience:novice
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Phone:VoIP via ISP

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

I am starting to have problems with my KPAS keypads on my M1G. I have two in separate areas that are acting up. One of them, I enter code to turn off alarm, and it stays red as if armed. The other one has become really difficult to hit the buttons, you have to put the code in many times.

Has anyone else had issues? Do these simply go bad?

thanks.

#2 newalarm

newalarm

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:17 AM

Anyone?

#3 mikefamig

mikefamig

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3693 posts
  • Tech:UPB
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

I would check all connections to the keypad and if it is all good I would suspect that the keypads are worn. How old are they?

Mike.

#4 RAL

RAL

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2237 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Tech:X10-PLC
  • Phone:POTS

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

The symptoms you describe sound like the typical failure mode of conductive rubber keypads, like you see on TV remotes.  I've never pulled a M1KPAS apart, but it looks like it uses the same type of keys.

There are repair kits for these keypads where you brush a new conductive coating onto the keys.  You have to open up the keypad to do that.

Here's one example:

https://www.jensento...r-kit/p/408-448

#5 newalarm

newalarm

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Actually, I had an issue yesterday when alarm went off since keypad was not working. When I finally got it to turn off alarm, I tried to rearm the zone and noticed that it was beeping when I hit the keys, and putting in the code, but not arming. So it may not be the keys. Maybe a connection issue. I will try to take it out and make sure everything is properly connected. 

#6 rexwilson

rexwilson

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 PM

I have had this identical problem with a m1kpas. What's more, I bought a brand new m1kpas, and that didn't resolve the problem. Seems to happen about once every 10 or 15 times I try to disarm the system with it.

Very puzzling and frustrating. I've done all the normal troubleshooting: databus is properly wired and terminated, there is plenty of amperage on the system for the connected devices, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users