M1 Chime Functionality

kwschumm

I'm a bit confused about how the M1 chime feature works.

Our Area 1 is the house (four keypads) and Area 2 is the shop (one keypad).

Chime was turned off on all five keypads.

When the keypad in the shop was enabled then events in the shop would be announced on all keypads, even though the house keypads had chime disabled.

Is that how it's supposed to work?

The keypad manual wasn't exactly clear if the chime button disabled chime for the keypad or for all keypads. It never really mentions areas. I thought it was per keypad so, for example, if someone was taking a nap in the master bedroom then chime announcements could be turned off on the master bedroom keypad.

Not sure but I think Chime on/off selects weather zones will generate an announcement when tripped. I don;t see how it could control the area where the announcement is played since there is only one audio output. I use an M1 relay that follows the Chime status to disconnect speakers that I don't want active when chime is off. I also had to add an override rule to ensure the relay enables all speakers in the event of a fire alarm regardless of chime status.

upstatemike said:
Not sure but I think Chime on/off selects weather zones will generate an announcement when tripped. I don;t see how it could control the area where the announcement is played since there is only one audio output. I use an M1 relay that follows the Chime status to disconnect speakers that I don't want active when chime is off. I also had to add an override rule to ensure the relay enables all speakers in the event of a fire alarm regardless of chime status.
Thanks, that's sort of a 'duh' on my part and it makes total sense. Sort of a weird design that the chime button can enable/disable beeps per keypad but it can also enable/disable voice for the entire system. Too bad the speaker isn't built in to the keypad from the start.

Back