US2-40 won't go into setup mode

jkm

I have a couple of Simply Automated US2-40 switches retrieved from a previous network. I want to install them in a new network, but I can't get them to go into setup mode. Is there any other way other than the 5 click method? Is there a way to do a factory default reset? Thanks

Is it possible that the problem is not with the switch but with it's location? Maybe it is going into setup mode but not being seen because of noise on the line?

Mike.

Thanks Mike. I don't think that's the problem. When the unit enters setup mode, the light above the rocker goes from solid to flashing. Regardless of location, as long as there is power to the unit, it should go into setup mode when you click the rocker 5 times in quick succession, and I know there is power because the light is solid.

George

I haven't played with my system in so long that I forgot about the flashing light. I would swap out the switch for another and see what happens.

Is there a way to do a factory default reset?

Have a read here:

SA UPB Quickstart guide

Factory Reset

All devices may be put into factory reset settings by doing a 5 tap, 10 tap and 2 tap. The 5 tap puts the device in set up mode, the LED will flash green. The 10 tap enters factory resets into the EPROM; the LED will flash red or blue, depending on the device. The2 tap puts the device back into operating mode. The usual next step is to 5 tap and attempt a set up from factory reset. 

pete_c said:
Is there a way to do a factory default reset?

Have a read here:

SA UPB Quickstart guide

Factory Reset

All devices may be put into factory reset settings by doing a 5 tap, 10 tap and 2 tap. The 5 tap puts the device in set up mode, the LED will flash green. The 10 tap enters factory resets into the EPROM; the LED will flash red or blue, depending on the device. The2 tap puts the device back into operating mode. The usual next step is to 5 tap and attempt a set up from factory reset. Doubtful 
Doubtful that would work if it can't go into setup mode in the first place.  

@Ano, Didn't see that.

I don't think that's the problem. When the unit enters setup mode, the light above the rocker goes from solid to flashing. Regardless of location, as long as there is power to the unit, it should go into setup mode when you click the rocker 5 times in quick succession, and I know there is power because the light is solid.

Maybe the switch is defective or firmware got scrambled or paddle doesn't work.

Back