When alarm is set to away
When unit is not actively heating or cooling

1)  Run the fan for 15 minutes
2)  Wait 90 minutes and the do step 1 again
3)  Keep doing this until alarm is deactivated or the heat/air cuts on
4)  When alarm deactivated, turn fan to auto

Any help would be appreciated
Hello and welcome.

That shouldn't be a problem, give or take.  You can trigger on the alarm going to away, but you must use a condition to tell if heating or cooling is on, and they will override the fan setting. This assumes you have an Omnistat.  

So I would set a trigger when the alarm is deactivated, set it to auto, and set a flag to OFF.  Then maybe set a repeating trigger at 1 minute intervals, and if condition alarm is away AND Cooling AND Heating are OFF, then set your flag to on. Maybe a second reoccuring trigger, check for Cool or Heat, and if yes, turn ALL flags off.  

So now you have a flag, when On means you need to override the fan. So set a trigger when the flag goes On and turn On the fan, AND set a second flag to turn On for 15 minutes. Then set a trigger for when that second flag goes off.  If then the first flag is On, then turn off the fan and set a third timer for 90 minutes. Set one more trigger when this third flag goes off, if the first flag is on, then turn on the fan for 15 minutes and set the second flag again. 

That should be it. Not the most elegant but should work.

Thank you for the reply.  My brother-in-law installed this system back in 2006.  He is now my ex-bil.  So I'm trying to learn programming myself.  Below is what I came up with.  But to code this to happen every hour (24 hours) across 4 units will be alot.  I just don't have experience with triggers/flags.  Any advice?

38.    TIMED 4:00 PM MTWTFSS
        AND IF UPSTAIRS NOT OFF
        AND IF Living Room SYSTEM STATUS IS NOT HEATING
        AND IF Living Room SYSTEM STATUS IS NOT COOLING
            THEN Living Room FAN ON
39.    TIMED 4:20 PM MTWTFSS
        AND IF UPSTAIRS NOT OFF
            THEN Living Room FAN AUTO

tnlakehouse said:
Thank you for the reply.  My brother-in-law installed this system back in 2006.  He is now my ex-bil.  So I'm trying to learn programming myself.  Below is what I came up with.  But to code this to happen every hour (24 hours) across 4 units will be alot.  I just don't have experience with triggers/flags.  Any advice?

38.    TIMED 4:00 PM MTWTFSS
        AND IF UPSTAIRS NOT OFF
        AND IF Living Room SYSTEM STATUS IS NOT HEATING
        AND IF Living Room SYSTEM STATUS IS NOT COOLING
            THEN Living Room FAN ON
39.    TIMED 4:20 PM MTWTFSS
        AND IF UPSTAIRS NOT OFF
            THEN Living Room FAN AUTO

That is a good start. I think the trick with Omni is to do things in very small chucks.  Many people try to put many things in a few lines and that is not the way to go.  

So the trick is use flags and buttons and take small steps. 

You started with: 
When alarm is set to away
When unit is not actively heating or cooling

Also, when design things, think of reuse for other uses. Maybe first, set a flag for home and away.  So when the alarm set to night, away, vacation, or off, update this flag on if it means you are home or away. In other-words, when OFF your home, when AWAY your not home, when night you are home, when vacation you are not home.  

For heat or cool, you need to test every minute, then maybe set a heat and cool flag. 

So now, when your conditions are met, maybe set another flag.  

Now when that flag is on, you can work on the on/off fan interval.  This will take two flags, one for on, one for off. 

You get the idea, but remember SMALL steps. 

Back