Rank: 9 (Best Cam in that price range)
If you have ever bought a cheap USB web cam than you can probably relate to the frustration that I have faced for the last few years. I have bought 2 WebCams in the pass year and none of them were even worth a dollar in my opinion. Those cams were the (Logitech ClickSmart 310) and (Logitech QuickCam Express).
At last a cam that works as expected and it only cost $55 on eBay. The Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 sells in retail stored for $99. But a quick search on www.ebay.com and you can find these cams as low as $50 each. Right now you’re probably wondering why they are half the price on e-bay. The answer is simple... It doesn't come in a fancy box. The package that it is shipped in is a simple plastic bag. In the bag are the Stand, Camera, Lens Cam, User Manual, and Logitech Software Suite.
Who did you buy from?
I bought mine though e-bay from reforger but you can contact reforger directly for this cam by visiting http://reforger.com/qc4k_details.html
What can it do?
- Add video to your favorite instant messenger: Yahoo!® Messenger, AOL Instant MessengerSM (AIM), MSN® Messenger
- Shoot 1.3 megapixel photos and high-quality videos
- Edit movies and photos with studio-quality software
- Make live video calls
- Email video and photos easily
- Get closer with a digital zoom
- Conduct online video conferences and calls using Windows® Messenger or Microsoft® NetMeeting
- Speak your mind with the built-in microphone
- Add video to your eBay® auctions with SpotLife™ VideoSnap
- Create fun animated films
- Create web albums, broadcast live video and audio, and set up a web cam
- Video capture: Up to 640 x 480 pixels (VGA CCD)
- Still image capture: Up to 1280 x 960 pixels, 1.3 megapixels
- Frame rate: Up to 30 frames per second (with recommended system)
Keep in mind that all of these pictures were taken with my recessed basement lights dimmed to 50% with my z-wave switches and HomeSeer. The bulbs I am using are 60watt Philip's soft white flood bulbs and the closest one to the camera was more than 6 feet away. Since they are recessed bulbs they focus most of the light straight down and not towards the cam.
- FREE Logitech® IM Video Companion™
- Live video-enabled Yahoo! Messenger
- One-click video e-mail software
- Video broadcasting software
- Web album creator software
- Web camera software
- Motion detection software
- Animation software
- Windows® 98, Windows® 2000, Windows® Me, Windows® XP
- Pentium® II 400, Celeron™, AMD Athlon® processor, or higher (Pentium III 500, Celeron™, AMD Athlon® processor recommended).
- 64 MB RAM (or minimum OS requirement whichever is higher).
- 200 MB free hard drive space
- CD-ROM drive
- 16-bit color display adapter
- Windows®-compatible sound card and speakers (full duplex sound card recommended)