Touch Screen Install

JohnWPB

Ok, I finally got my touch screen installed in the wall! I have been wanting to do this for a long time, now it's complete.

I will be posting more info and pictures in here, as I finish up the interface and software.

In the mean time, HERE is the link to the photo's of the install.

Ok, I finally got my touch screen installed in the wall! I have been wanting to do this for a long time, now it's complete.

I will be posting more info and pictures in here, as I finish up the interface and software.

In the mean time, HERE is the link to the photo's of the install.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks great.

Dang that turned out nice. I can't let my wife see that - i'll get B-slapped for ours as I went with a surface-mount option (which is much uglier).

I was going to ask where you found the thin fish? Maybe flounder or sole with tweaked genetics?

Ok to answer some of the questions.....

I have a Power Flash hooked up to a water sensor. (Its just above where the frame is, inside the tank, so you can't see it in the photo's) When the water drops below a certain level, another power flash module opens a 12v electric water valve to put water into the tank. I got lucky, as the fridge is close to behind that wall, and I just tapped into the line for the ice maker. I have a second moisture sensor, just below the tank, as a fail safe. If water is detected there, it kills the main breaker, and also closes the main water shut off valve outside.

As for the fish, I live in South Florida, I just went snorkeling one day and caught them. You have to be very careful with the Lion Fish though! Those things have very sharp spines!!!!

:rolleyes:

Very Nice!

May I ask what screen that is and if you modified the the controls PCB to get access to them after mounting? I have an ELO 1549L open frame and it has the controls on the side that aren't accessible after installation.

Thanks.

Back