In this thread several of you have mentioned 'SageServer'. This however does not appear to be available from www.sagetv.com. Is SageTV Media Center 6.3 the same?
If i want sagetv to integrate the follwing would the shopping list below be correct:
- 1 HDTV (connect via HDMI)
- 1 Normal TV (connect
- 1 TV Where i cannot get Cat5 cable
- 1 digital cable tuner (Charter Scientific Atlanta receiver) for viewing HBO and other subscribed content
- Allow viewing of SageTV while on the road
- SageTV Media Center with placeshifter license combo STVSPC ($99.95)
- Tuner cards for PC (to be determined, depends on if i buy a new PC with PCI express or not)
- SageTV HD Media Extender STX-HD100 ($199.95)
- Haupage MVP Media Plus STVCMVP ($109.95) (does this do S-video?)
- Haupage Wireless MVP Media PLus STVWMVP ($159.95)
- USB <> IR Controller to Cable tunner UIRT ($47.95)
Do the media extenders support external IR receiver so i can hide the gray/black box behind the tv and just have an IR receiver somewhere on the face of the TV?
Will the wireless extender provide a descent picture over 802.11b wireless network?
What uploads speed does placeshifter require? Any have good results with it?
Edited by MavRic, 17 January 2008 - 02:28 PM.