Friendly Robotics RL500 Robomower: $179.99 + $5 S/

electron

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.woot.com/woot_detail.aspx

* Woot discovers last batch of NEW RL500 inventory! **

Mowing has never been so easy. The The Robmower RL500 is a fully-robotic lawnmower that mows your grass so you don't have to. It's convenient, safe, and simple. Easy operation allows use by virtually anyone and can be used in almost any garden and lawn environment.

Simply put the mower in the yard and press ''go.'' It mows. You don't. It is convenient and allows you to mow the lawn when you want without the hassle of scheduling lawn services or taking time away from family activities. It''s safe. Less human contact and interaction reduces the chances of serious injury associated with power equipment. Easy to install and environmentally friendly. It can save you up to 50 hours a year! That's a lot of free time you can spend as quality time with your family, on vacation, or doing whatever you really like to do (ie.. waiting up for woot)

# Features: BladeStop - Lift detection stops blades in less than 1 sec
# QuickSense - 360º touch sensor bumpers for safety and navigation
# IntelliMow - Advanced software with a user selected dual navigation system
# PowerSmart - Energy management system monitors the power system

Specifications:
# 5 HP equivalent cutting system
# Durable rust-free mowing deck and housing
# Manual Controller with LCD display for easy driving
# Low maintenance, long-life design
# Self-diagnostic program
# Dedicated mulching, no bagging or raking
# Cut size: 21†width; .75 – 3†height
# Height of Cut: Adjustable 6 settings at the front and 3 settings at the rear
# Drive Power - Two independent, geared wheel drive motors
# Ground Speed: Approximately 20†per second
# Battery Pack Power - 24-volt system (maintenance-free)
# Charging Time - 18-24 hours
# Operating Time - 4 Hours on average
# Lawn Size - Recommended for lawn up to 6,000 square Feet or 1/2 Acre
# Noise Level - 85DB
# Condition: New, retail boxed
# Warranty: 90 day distibutor
# Ship weight: 100lbs

Note: These are brand new factory sealed units that have been warehoused for over two years due to a bankruptcy landlord seizure from a past Friendly Robotics distributor. Due to strategy of the current distributor, they will attempt to avoid the implied end user warranty of these units (feel free to check with them). Therefore, these specific units are backed with a 90 day distributor warranty by Surplus Technolgoy who has performed adaquately for woot buyers in the past. Please complete your warranty card upon receipt. Please note before purchase -- return freight, though seldom necessary, is your responsibility.

Woot recommends purchasing an additional RL500 battery for ease of charging and due to the age of the existing battery -- Surplus Technology has over 700 fully tested new batteries (and all other parts) in stock at the time of this sale. Please check with them for details.

Lastly, if anyone has the links for online member groups of Robomower users, please post links in our community -- we know there are a few great user groups out there (but don't have the URL handy)

Not me, I still have 3 more years before I need a robot mower.

So until my two teenage boys leave for college, they will do quite well. :)

Rupp said:
Ok,
Who's going to be the first to jump? I'm afraid. :)
afraid of what? lol, the site has a great reputation, they have one hot deal per day, this is the first deal they opened the site with, which is huge as these machines retail for much more.

That is a deal!.. I have had a 800 for two seasons now and have not touched a drop of gasoline or fooled with any dirty oil, plugs or air filters. And my shoulder is healthy again after all the wear and tear of pull ropes.
It is not a perfect system and not for everyones yard, but if it will work for you it is well worth the $179. JMHO.

Here is a link to their site.

http://www.friendlymachines.com/robomo.htm

Back