Photo
- - - - -

Media Preset connection property missing??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 123

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2169 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Premise
  • Hardware:Elk M1

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Couldn’t understand why my digital cable box wasn’t working with Msense. I ran the tutorial and it appears that the "service provider" property under "TV Tuner" is now missing. Thus, I can't associate the Preset list in the media content with the device. Any Idea what has happened?

MikeSr
======================
This was one of the last changes I made to the core before I left. Instead of one hardcoded service provider property on a television tuner device, you can now right click and add multiple "Provider Links". This way, a tuner that actually tunes multiple providers (for example, a DirecTV receiver that also pulls in OTA) can still use the mSense architecture without a user having to manually make a provider with both types of channels (even though you can do that if you want to).
======================
The behavior in 2.1 was changed. The good news is that you can now have multiple providers associated with each TV Tuner device. Go under your device and right click. You'll see an option to add a "Provider Link". Select that. Now navigate to the Provider Link's "service provider" property and select the service provider you had before. If you have a custom module that drives your cable box, you might have to modify it a bit to make it work under 2.1.

Good luck!!!!

-John

======================
John, Damon,

Thank you for your help once again. That did it! It sure is nice to see the community in place once again. Sure missed the dialog from those of you who contribute so much. Thank you again.

MikeSr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users