Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Premise
  • Hardware:Elk M1

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

Can you use Windows SendMessage in Premise?

I saw a discussion on this on the old forum but didn't see that the question was ever really answered.

I'd like to control other software from Premise. Mainly Girder and SageTV.

If so, does anyone know of any documentation?
======================
I don't think you can make Win32 calls directly from script, but you could build a COM object in VB or whatever, and then call that from Premise.

I seem to remember that Girder has their own "send event" COM object, which you should be able to call directly from Premise scripts. That should let you, for example, send commands over the network from your central Premise server to remote HTPCs running Girder.
======================
Look into RUNDLL which may allow you to do what you need from script.
======================
Jim,

I wrote a few months ago a Dll that serves as device driver to call a windows command. It can also call a batch file. You need to load it as a driver (I called it WindowsCommandUtil) and then just prepare the command line to call another program and write:

Devices.WindowsCommandUtil.ExecCommand.Command= "write your cmd here"
Devices.WindowsCommandUtil.ExecCommand.Trigger=true

I use it to call another program to send SMS to my phone. I also have the vice versa. By this way I have full control on the house using SMS. Also, I get notifications (mainly alarm zones, and power failure) from Premise.

I don't know how to add files here, therefore I will send you the file directly.

Giddy
======================
Giddy,

This sounds very cool. I think the entire community would benefit from it. If you still want to upload it, go to the Files area, select a folder (probably drivers in this case), and click Add a File. The upload page is self-explanatory. If you like, I can post it for you.

Thanks,

-John
======================
WindowsCommand - DLL

Edited by 123, 06 March 2008 - 09:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users