Premise MediaZone problems with a DVD Changer

Motorola Premise

I managed to integrate my SONY DVD changer into Premise using Rob Brun's DVDCatalog library. Here is the original thread.
http://forums.premisesystems.net/forums/1/...wPost.aspx#3118

What Rob did was to create a custom DVD Jukebox content provider capable of importing DVD disk informatiom from an XML export file of DVD Profiler - a windows application used to lookup DVD movie information with jacket images etc.

I had to fix a few errors in Rob's XML parsing code but overall the library integrated well. Users can browse DVDs in the Media library and play the movie by hiting the Play button on the left navigation pane.

I am having problems with MediaZone/mSense. Everything works great when people play the movies from the Media library but not if they play it from a Media Shortcut inside the Media Zone. For some reason mSense does not send disk number change information to the DVD changer. I took Rob's library out and tried it with a generic Disc Carousel provider and the problem was the same.

I build a custom DVD Changer class just to monitor the property changes. Nothing was coming from mSense unless I picked the movie directly from the Media library. Media shortcuts did not work.

Any clues? Any other technique I could use to debug the problem?

Patrik

I managed to integrate my SONY DVD changer into Premise using Rob Brun's DVDCatalog library. Here is the original thread.

http://www.premisesystems.info/forums/3118/ShowPost.aspx

What Rob did was to create a custom DVD Jukebox content provider capable of importing DVD disk informatiom from an XML export file of DVD Profiler - a windows application used to lookup DVD movie information with jacket images etc.

I had to fix a few errors in Rob's XML parsing code but overall the library integrated well. Users can browse DVDs in the Media library and play the movie by hiting the Play button on the left navigation pane.

I am having problems with MediaZone/mSense. Everything works great when people play the movies from the Media library but not if they play it from a Media Shortcut inside the Media Zone. For some reason mSense does not send disk number change information to the DVD changer. I took Rob's library out and tried it with a generic Disc Carousel provider and the problem was the same.

I build a custom DVD Changer class just to monitor the property changes. Nothing was coming from mSense unless I picked the movie directly from the Media library. Media shortcuts did not work.

Any clues? Any other technique I could use to debug the problem?

Patrik

I dont have a changer, (but if you send me one....), but Ive experienced some of the same problems that always seem to have been related to how I had the connections between devices and the media zone(s)...I'm not sure whether you're trying it on one zone, etc...

I'll try Rob's changer, but Ill have to guess as to the disc number, etc.

That is, unless you decide to send me one ;)

cl

Back