Premise Schedules

Motorola Premise

acalbear

Im using schedules to program lighting scenes. Is there a simple way to add randomness to the on and off times other than by using the sunset/sunrise function.

Also, i originally tried to use scenes which were triggered by schedules but wasnt able to make it work. The scenes functioned fine when i played the scene directly. The schedule would trigger but for some reason it would not trigger the actual scene. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I don't believe you can add time randomness (i.e. light turns on a 8:30 PM today, 8:36 PM tomorrow, 8:22 PM the day after, etc) using a Schedule. All of this, and more, is possible using Scripts.

Schedule won't trigger a Scene? Make sure the Scene's Play property is enabled.
  1. Click Schedule in the Shortcut Bar.
  2. Click the desired Schedule.
  3. Click the Scene Tab (Tabs: Day|Week|Scene)
  4. Locate the desired Scene in the list and ensure its Play property is enabled.
A Schedule also has a Play property but it is used to manually trigger the Schedule.

I think I may go with the scripts via using objects. I am more of a visual learner and the stuff I was able to play with seemed easier than trying to code. I tried the play button via the scene property but it just activated the scene once i checked the box. I didnt realize that I actually had to have play enable. So you have to have ENABLED and PLAY checked within the scene to have it work?

So my next question is whats the best way to organize the scripts? With schedules at least you know where to find them. With scripts/timers/etc - they are all ove the place. Not sure what the instructions mean by placing them in the appropriate module. Any thoughts on this?

I don't believe you can add time randomness (i.e. light turns on a 8:30 PM today, 8:36 PM tomorrow, 8:22 PM the day after, etc) using a Schedule. All of this, and more, is possible using Scripts.

Schedule won't trigger a Scene? Make sure the Scene's Play property is enabled.
  1. Click Schedule in the Shortcut Bar.
  2. Click the desired Schedule.
  3. Click the Scene Tab (Tabs: Day|Week|Scene)
  4. Locate the desired Scene in the list and ensure its Play property is enabled.
A Schedule also has a Play property but it is used to manually trigger the Schedule.

Yes, the Enabled property in the Schedule's Task section should be set.
Don't confuse the Schedule's Play property with the Scene's Play property. You want to enable the Scene's Play property (see the attached image).

"Appropriate module" just means you should create a new one and give it a meaningful name.
  1. Click Modules in the Shortcut Bar.
  2. Right-click Modules in the Explorer window; select New > Module
  3. Supply a suitable name.
Your script goes in the module's GlobalScripts folder.
BTW, if you don't want to write code (Scripts) you can use Logic Diagrams (in the module's Logic folder).

Maybe other Premise users can chime in and explain how they handle complex scheduling ... :D

Attachments

• Schedule_Example1.png
    Schedule_Example1.png
    7 KB · Views: 12
Back