100 PSI pressure sensor source?

JimS

Looking for a replacement 100 PSI sensor with 0-5V output (actually 5V supply and output to 4.5V) to monitor a pump.  I had a working system but must have left a little water in the sensor last fall so it froze.  Had a CentriPro 9K518 I picked up surplus cheap but see a replacement is $200.  Lots of others on amazon and ebay but also many reports of them failing or not working at all.  This is for plain water, no chlorine or other chemicals.  Just pumps from a creek and the sensor is used to shut down the pump if no pressure.  I suppose I could use a regular pump switch and set the pressure point but having a readout of actual pressure lets me know when the filter needs cleaning.

Can anyone recommend a decent quality one for $50 or less?

Current one is 1/4 male NPT.  Could use larger or smaller NPT.  Even considered using a barbed fitting sensor.  Some companies make fairly low cost ones intended for PCB mounting but I would need to put it in some sort of waterproof enclosure. Ended up going with this one after finding reference to it on a DIY pool automation site. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pressure-transducer-or-sender-100-psi-5V-for-oil-fuel-air-water/261260635816

Pretty close to what I have now but 10x less cost.  We will see how it holds up. 

Still open to other suggestions if I have to replace it again.

TonyNo said:
Thanks, but maybe not.  Cheapest one is $290.  I could have bought a replacement for my previous one for $200.  Was looking for something in the $50 range if possible and still have reasonable reliability (if I winterize or take it in for winter).

Honeywell makes somewhat lower cost ones.  Sensor is about $50 but cable for it is another $50.

https://sensing.honeywell.com/sensors/heavy-duty-pressure-transducers

There are flow and pressure range 'indicators' (tells you if  you are 'at' a pressure range) on alleclectronics.com for cheap, but I think you will have to pay the price range you are seeing for a decent pressure transducer

Back