4 motions just decided to stop working :(

IVB

I don't get it - 4 of my Bosch Blue Light motion sensors on an expander board just decided to stop working. They were working fine last night.

I tried turning the Elk off, and pulling the aux power, then turning back on, but nothing. The expander board seems fine as there's 4 other sensors on it that still work ok.

Any ideas as to what to try?

Yes, swap one that is working with one that is not on the expander board. No way 4 sensors went bad....

Brian

yeah i agree, it can't be a sensor thing.

I know I should know this, but isn't there some form of "reset" in the Elk panel? I suppose I could do a full clear (can't remember that either) and reload, but given that no wires were touched, this must be something dumb.

I'm thinking something happened to the 12 volts powering the motion sensors. If you can get a meter, set it on volts DC and measure the voltage on the power terminals of the motion sensors.

I'm thinking something happened to the 12 volts powering the motion sensors. If you can get a meter, set it on volts DC and measure the voltage on the power terminals of the motion sensors.

Once again, circle gets a square!

Oddness of oddness, one motion sensor went a little nutzoid, looks like it was shorting out every powered sensor hooked up to that particular aux power switch. Well, either that or somehow the wires have been shorted in the wall, but no idea how that would have happened. The little light on the DC adapter was green, but I forgot there's a green LED indicating AC presence, *and* a red light indicating DC presence.

Still got no idea how that happened, but as soon as I pulled out the red power lead for that 22/4, the system came back on line.

Was the power going to the motions off or had a power wire shorted and the PTC resettable fuse on the M1 shut down the power to the motions? If the PTC on the M1 shut down, you should get a trouble on the keypad and in the log.

Just checked, didn't have any trouble notes (except for the craploads of ethernet trouble - latest firmware didn't solve that).

Does that mean a power wire shorted?

Back