8 channel IO - complete novice

jhamill

Hi,

I'm trying to use an 8 IO board to switch on some lv Led light strips. the led strip lights ok when connected directly to the battery.

i;ve got a 12volt battery, being charged by a small solar panel through mppt regulator. the battery is then connected to input 1 on the board, and i've got a small led string (about 2W) connected directly to the output on common/no connections. the relay seems to be permanently energised as soon as i connect the battery to the input 1. the Led light string doesn't come on and there isn't 12 volts appearing on the output. at one stage I am sure I saw 5v there, but i might have been hallucinating :) it was a long hot day sitting in the sun.

I can toggle the relay states of the other relays using software and the led beside the relay comes on, but I cannot toggle the output 1 off or on using sotware.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

John

Why is the battery connected to Input 1?  You have to connect the battery to common, the positive lead of the LED strip to NO, and the ground lead of the LED strip to the battery ground (negative).  Inputs are for signals not power.

The fact that you can't control relay 1 via software is because input 1 and relay 1 cannot be used at the same time and the 12V on input 1 is overriding the software control signals. 

az1324 said:
Why is the battery connected to Input 1?  You have to connect the battery to common, the positive lead of the LED strip to NO, and the ground lead of the LED strip to the battery ground (negative).  Inputs are for signals not power.

The fact that you can't control relay 1 via software is because input 1 and relay 1 cannot be used at the same time and the 12V on input 1 is overriding the software control signals. 
thanks that did the job. i was not wiring the led strip correct.y

the battery to input is actually the charge regulator night light function so that when it gets dark it triggers the input.

Back