Adaptive Home Logic

Dear Cocoontech Members,

After more than a year of intensive development, we are very pleased to announce the arrival of Adaptive Home Logic v2.0
Please visit our new updated website for full details Acentient Software

This is our most significant update so far, taking the program to whole new level of refinement & sophistication:-

New - GUI (Graphical User Interface)
New clean GUI (HAL9000 style) - to accommodate additional data streams, RSS News / Weather feeds, Virtual Weather Station graphical display, Socket / Com port data, etc. The input dialogue is also improved, making it easier to make a keyboard request (in plain language), or to manually send data (plain text or hex values) to a com port or socket stream on-the-fly, facilitating testing.

New - Display Mapping
The operator can now select which data stream is sent to a particular text editor (or in HAL9000 language CM or Monitor Circuit), so as to monitor several different data streams simultaneously. It's even possible to display a data stream in plain ASCII text in one display box whilst simultaneously displaying its Hex values in another. Making it much more straightforward to interface with even the most awkward of devices!

New – Intelligent Speech Buffer System
This latest release features an automatic intelligent speech buffer system that speaks items in order of priority & prevents the possibility of speech overlap. In addition each speech sentence can now be spoken in a different voice and / or at a different pitch, speed or volume (or in other words personality, mood or emphasis) from sentence to sentence where necessary. Also a verbose message, which is instigated by an event to report a change in its status, can now be selected randomly (from a text file pertaining to the message) to provide a less predictable but relevant response, as well as being selected sequentially and simple static messages.

New - TCP/IP Sockets
Adaptive Home Logic can now automatically establish & maintain a TCP/IP socket connection with up to 26 networked devices concurrently, using Window’s built-in Winsock for optimal efficiency. This greatly extents the program’s reach by allowing it to communicate with virtually any TCP/IP device, regardless of how its connected, including (industrial strength automation) Ethernet (Input / Output) peripherals, devices connected via WiFi, other computers within a LAN or connected via the Internet, as well as other software (running on the local or a networked computer) that can communicate via TCP/IP, including using Adaptive Home Logic in a distributed configuration, as well as allowing the program to act as a bridge between one form of computer communication and another.

New – Remote Access Telnet Host
The program’s TCP/IP Server can easily be configured to act as a Telnet host, allowing direct (password protected) remote access to the program’s natural language interface from any inter-networked computer in the world.

New – Technology Matrix
The program now incorporates a technology matrix that makes it uniform and straightforward to utilise various power line modules even when their underlying technology is different, as well as easing migration.

New – X10 and UPB (Universal Power Bus) Two-Way drivers
Adaptive Home Logic now has direct intrinsic support for both X10 & UPB to quickly control, monitor and re-act to your power line modules, without the necessity of a home automation controller. Featuring interface / module polling and status reporting, support for linked UPB modules and the ability to automatically set a modules status at start-up and or shut-down, whilst remembering (or ascertaining) its correct brightness level. Please note that the UPB driver is in its public BETA testing stage of development.

New – RSS Weather Feed
Keep up to date with the very latest weather conditions & forecast for your area. The program can now automatically download Yahoo’s (The Weather Channel) RSS weather feed at regular intervals, interpret & display this information, in either metric or imperial units. Specific data can also be automatically extracted and mapped to the user variables, so as to be available to the events & /or the virtual weather station graphical display.

New – Virtual Weather Station Graphical Display
See your current weather conditions at a glance with the new Virtual Weather Station graphical display, updated in real time, including self-adjusting inside & outside temperature bar graphs (Fahrenheit / Celsius), Wind Speed & Direction (on a compass rose) and atmospheric pressure trend (on a bar graph with adjustable update interval). This data can be supplied by a virtual weather station peripheral or for free via the RSS weather feed, or even a bit of both! Events can also be established to alert you to high wind speeds, etc.

New – RSS News Feeds (Talking News Aggregator!)
Stay up to date with the very latest World, National, Business or Technology News, Entertainment or Gossip by automatically downloading up to 5 different RSS news feeds. Each news feed may be displayed & / or spoken.

New – Event Entry Screen
The different sections of the event’s entry screen are now accessible via buttons similar to a tabbed card-index system, so as to only present the operator with the fields relevant to their area of interest, making the program even easier to use & understand.

AHL201.jpg

$70...

I hereby conclude no one is willing to invest in portability in this arena. Bill Gates has successfully sucked the home autmation consumers into Microsoft hell. Unfortunately i give up.

If AO/CQC do another discount for forum members, i'll likely bite and bullet and cave. If it doesn't happen in 2008, i'll probably cave and sell out in 2009 for full price.

-brad

Wow! Very nice update. I think the speech buffering and auto priority for emergency messages are particularly interesting.

Wow! Very nice update. I think the speach buffering and auto priority for emergency messages are particularly interesting.

I have a feeling Message Priority might slip into my system now heheh =) Good idea I have been to lazy to work on for a long time....

Vaughn

Back