Adding Audio Source to Russound CAV6.7

The Russound CAV6.6 System was installed/integrated with my OmniPro panel 13+ years ago. 

It currently has Xfinity TV and a Russound ST2 Smart Tuner (Satellite & FM Tuner) hooked up to it. 

I want to add another audio source, but can't figure out how to get it recognized as an available source on the doublegang UNO Keypads and/or within OmniPro.

I don'r recall if software was used 13+years ago when it was set up....?

I have PC Access, but don't see how to install from there.

You can edit the setup of your Russound with a piece of software called PC Power Tool, which will interface with your Russound via a serial cable (DB9 to DB9). The software isn't hard to use, and when you change the name of the source in the CAV it will show up on the display of your UNO-S2 keypads. 

Getting the name to show up in PC Access requires you to go to setup/audio sources, and naming the sources in the right order there. 

Getting the name of a particular album or track to show up is much harder, and given that many people want to stream audio from Spotify or Pandora through their device, it's redundant as well. For that reason I haven't attempted that. 

citrixmeister said:
You can edit the setup of your Russound with a piece of software called PC Power Tool, which will interface with your Russound via a serial cable (DB9 to DB9). The software isn't hard to use, and when you change the name of the source in the CAV it will show up on the display of your UNO-S2 keypads. 

Getting the name to show up in PC Access requires you to go to setup/audio sources, and naming the sources in the right order there. 

Getting the name of a particular album or track to show up is much harder, and given that many people want to stream audio from Spotify or Pandora through their device, it's redundant as well. For that reason I haven't attempted that. 

Thanks for the info....  I just downloaded PC Power Tool from Russound's site.  I will have to find a laptop with a serial port, or buy a USB/DB9 adapter... 

Will I need an Installer Code to get into the CAV through PC Power Tool?   

Nope, all you have to do is make sure the switch on the front of the CAV (behind the removable panel) indicates the DB9 port (front or back) you want to use. Once you get serial communications going on your PC, you're mostly there. 

Back