ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT I WAS STUPID

PaulH

WASHINGTON - How many people have gotten home after a blindingly stressful day and realize they've forgotten some important event or errand? Well, now at least there's a scientific explanation for the oversight. Stress makes you forgetful.

People going on stage or taking an exam or finding themselves in similarly tough situations already knew this, of course.

But a team of researchers has found how it happens, a discovery that they say could point the way to better treatments for such illnesses as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

Stressful situations in which the individual has no control were found to activate an enzyme in the brain called protein kinase C, which impairs the short-term memory and other functions in the prefrontal cortex, the executive-decision part of the brain, says Dr. Amy F. T. Arnsten of Yale Medical School.

The findings were reported Thursday in the journal Science

Full story:
http://www.comcast.net/News/HEALTHWELLNESS...1985539062.html

very interesting for sure, I have been having some serious memory problems lately, together with some nice stress lol.

I did it for you Paul. Just hit the edit button though and you can change the title in the menu's above the main message body screen.

BSR;
Still can't change it !
(should say "ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT I WAS STUPID").

Maybe I am stupid!!!??!!

ah, sorry Paul. I corrected stressed not spelled correctly and didn't see that other needed change.

Maybe I can change the title because of admin/moderator privileges. Will ask electron about this.

BTW: I can relate to these stress related memory issues, due to my recent problems! :)

Regards,

BSR

BraveSirRobbin said:
BTW: I can relate to these stress related memory issues, due to my recent problems! :)

Regards,

BSR
Thanks, So how's everything going?
Are things getting back to normal for you and your family?

I just thought the stress made you focus on things too much... which is exactly what this sounds like...

Back