Alternative GeoVision software

Interesting product. I didn't see where it had any features that the standard Geovision software doesn't have though. Have you used the product Brotsten?

Thanks,
--Jamie

I have not purchased it, but they have a trial you can download and play with. I like using it better than Geovision's stuff.

Brian

Thats just a different remote client, it doesn't run on the server.

What you can do is install generic drivers and setup VLC to stream the video to your network.

IIRC in one of these style posts you said you had a 1480, if so you can use it's DSP out and run it back into a hauppauge 150 card. VLC that and you won't loose the recording capabilities and such.

DSP out? is that the composite out on the card? Still figuring this card out.

with that option, how does it output the video? just as it is in geo? quadrants and all? I would still need geo to control switching and stuff tho I assume.

thx

brotsten said:
CollinR said:
What you can do is install generic drivers and setup VLC to stream the video to your network.
And where would we find these "generic" drivers?
You're right finding generic drivers for the Techwin chips cards isn't so easy. I would start with google.

If it were a GV-800 or lesser it would have Conextent chip and generic drivers are available.

dbinaz said:
DSP out? is that the composite out on the card? Still figuring this card out.

with that option, how does it output the video? just as it is in geo? quadrants and all? I would still need geo to control switching and stuff tho I assume.

thx
Yes

It outputs the video multiplexed, you can configure it in the Geo configuration.

Yes this method won't damage your CCTV install, so your $1K is still worthwhile. If you run different drivers for the card Geo won't work and most of the cards features probably won't work right either. If you want to go that road you should consider selling the 1480 and getting something cheap with an SDK much easier to hack it that way.

EDIT: When I say most features I mean stuff like crossbar (will become 1:1 input to encoder) and the DSP TV output. Major functions IMO...

brotsten said:
CollinR said:
If it were a GV-800 or lesser it would have Conextent chip and generic drivers are available.
Collin,

I have a GV-800. What do you know? :D
I know I don't know what the goal is, kinda makes it hard to really be helpful.

CollinR said:
brotsten said:
CollinR said:
Collin,

I have a GV-800. What do you know? :D
I know I don't know what the goal is, kinda makes it hard to really be helpful.
My goal would be to aquire the generic drivers your referring to.

Brian

Back