Announcement speakers

MrGibbage

I want to add some announcement speakers to my system. Four 8-ohm speakers (wired in series/parallel to maintain the right total resistance) should do the trick. I'd like to mount them right under my keypads (because that's where I ran my prewire), so I'd like some nice small, flush mount speakers. The Elk's would do fine, but they aren't flush mount. Anyone know of some inexpensive speakers that would do the trick?

Skip

Good finds Paul,

I remember seeing the Nutones and was trying to find them again when I ran across the one in my post above. I really like the AES ones and the fact that they mount in a double gang box. I may order a few of these myself.

Terry

I like the AES and the nutone. It looks like either one works out to about $100 a pair. I was hoping for a little less, but those are exactly what I was looking for.

roussell, those are PERFECT! Except they are out of stock with a lead time of 107 days! argh!!!! %(*@)*&(&^!^($*@#)!!!!

We gotta find those somewhere else!

Skip

MrGibbage said:
roussell, those are PERFECT! Except they are out of stock with a lead time of 107 days! argh!!!! %(*@)*&(&^!^($*@#)!!!!

We gotta find those somewhere else!

Skip
Yeah I noticed that late yesterday...I called them and the rep said that there had been a lot of requests for those and the ETA for them having inventory was mid-late November the 107 days that shows on the cart page is apparently static and is from the date it was added to inventory... I did some digging last night and this morning and it seems as though MCM is the manufacturer so we may just have to wait...

Terry

There were two threads here. In one Spanky mentioned the SP102's just came in and to check with vendors. So I asked AO about them, they hadn't heard anything. Now I can't find the thread. I am hopeing Spanky will see one of these threads and respond at some point. I think they should be available soon.

I would rather not have to mount any more things on the wall than necessary. If I can fit most speakers behind keypads that seems to me to be the perfect solution.

If the SP102's don't come soon, I might look into a small speaker and mounting it in the flush mount box myself or even putting in a dual gang if I need more room.

Yeah, 150hz really seems unrealistic. However, I think I may spring for a pair of them. I'll let you guys know how they work out.

Back