Any new sounds, words?

gym4im

HelIo - 

I have ROM 3.11D in my OPII and I am wondering if there has been any improvement in the available alert sounds offered for "Voices". It's really only a cosmetic thing, but a few alert sounds, other than those "beep"s would certainly bring a little uniqueness and class to an otherwise dull "home appliance".

Take our phones for example. They have tons of cool sounds. I would like to hear a couple of those strung together, rather than hearing the lovely lady (and she really is) say: SIDE YARD INTRUSION...not to mention the additional security in that the  intruders wouldn't know the've been made:)!

I know that you can add your own sounds, but at the time that I did it with the phone, all you could hear was hissing and some word spoken. Perhaps there is a better way, available now, to add our own sounds. If some one is aware of such a method, I am all ears:)!!

Thanks,

Jim

Sorry, but the answer is "No".

As you might imagine, the voice actor who originally was recorded for the HAI Omni has aged quite a bit so her voice would not match for an update today and would require recording all the prompts all over again.  It is also possible that the voice actor is no longer available, which means an entirely new actor would be needed.  Since Leviton has not fixed or will not fix many of it's current technical issues, you can assume Leviton is less than likely to hire an actor to re-record all the prompts or add sound effects.  Since the singular beep tone doesn't always work on the OT7, I can only imagine the craziness of trying to get more than one sound to play over the system.  Because the system already suffers from slow processing and is a bit dated itself, chosing a sound from a library quickly I would think will make the slow condition worse.

Try the custom phrases section though, as that function can string together a few of the words to make an interesting voice prompt or two.... :huh:

Since the OPII can't provide the sounds, have you thought about using a sound effects generator or audio registers to store sounds and use the output of the OPII to generate your own sounds?

Here continue to utilize the OmniPro 2 beeps that come with the Omnitouch 5.7/5.7e screens.

The more modern in house touchscreens utilize Microsoft SAPI TTS / VR remote connectivity.  

Currently not tethered to any smart phone OS (Android, iOS or Wintel) and shut them down when in house.

Software wise using Homeseer, Microsoft SAPI TTS/VR/Kinect and Amazon Alexa (tinkering) and Samsung Smartthings (tinkering).

The old solution is use two-way voice module and great if you have Hi-Fi2 whole home multi room audio system

Back