Are you using the SA UPB 3-Speed Fan Controller?

ano

If you have ceiling fans and want to control them with UPB, at least control their speed, there only one solution on the market, the Simply Automated 3-Speed fan controller. It's not the nicest looking device, in my opinion, and at least for me, it haven't been very reliable either. Mine rarely lasted more than a month, but once I managed to get almost three months out of one. They failed in one of two ways for me; 1) they would have a power supply problem, where when you remotely switched their fan speed, they would reboot, usually ending up turned off, or 2) they would get stuck on a speed, and the fan would remain on the stuck speed, but never lower.

Good news. Simply Automated has redesigned them, and says they should last much longer now.  The bad news, they still look the same as before. But at least Simply Automated upgraded the top LED color from red/green, which they haven't used in years, to the more modern blue/green. If you are buying one, make sure you get the updated version with the blue/green LED and not the red/green LED.

These have a two year warranty, so if yours conked out, get it fixed as the new ones are much improved.

Back