[Article] Luna: Turn Your Bed into a Smartbed

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Download attachment: lunasleep1.jpg

Luna is a mattress 'smart cover' which allows dual-zone temperature control, sleep tracking, smart alarm and some other features.  They just launched their product via an IndieGoGo campaign which already met its $100,000 USD goal in a matter of hours.  Very impressive!

Pledges start at $199 for the Queen size.

Personally, I'm interested in this type of product, as long as they allow us to use/control it without any 'cloud/IoT' dependencies (but that doesn't look to be the case).  They do promise an open API and Apple Health  & Google Fit support.

Check the IndieGoGo campaign for more details.

Note: IndieGoGo is a crowdfunding website, not a store.  Plenty of campaigns deliver too late, or even worse, sometimes not at all.  Keep this in mind.

Click here to view the article

the interesting thing is the dependency on the cardioballistic sensors for measuring the heart rate. There is already an offer on the market from beddit, so I hope it works out and there will be no hidden conflicts qualifying that as hoax, simply selling an overpriced DC driven bed heating unit combined with babyphone...

For a short time here in the 1980's tried one of the dual zone heat mattress covers.  Used it for about 3 months and went back to the 1-2 feather bed covers. 

Personally I am not sure that I want to know any physiological metrics while I sleep as knowing might actually be counterproductive to my sleep. 

p02kgt0v.jpg

We can fight off the sandman for a while, but after a certain point, sleeplessness leads to temporary madness and – just maybe – death, discovers Adam Hadhazy.

Since it will get funded regardless, if it's any good you'll be able to buy one later.

If I could measure both quantity and quality of sleep, without having instruments clamped on me, I'd be interested.  I just have doubts that this particular product would do a good job at measuring it.

Back