[Article] New HomeSeer Products Announced

According to the linked-to press release it's two way, so you're both right.

Will it also double as the new z-troller?

NeverDie said:

Well I'm glad to see that no one at HomeSeer is the least bit confused.  ;)

Frederick C. Wilt said:
That would be an ASCII to Z-Wave device.
Per the note below, it's a 2-way device per the graphic with arrows in both directions!  :)

NeverDie said:

The new Z-Troller is still in development but should be ready by year's end.

Frederick C. Wilt said:
Well I'm glad to see that no one at HomeSeer is the least bit confused.  ;)
I wasn't until your message! :)  What do you mean?

az1324 said:
Is it any different from razberry?
Yes, this new module is really for companies that do not support Z-Wave now, but want to... and don't want to spend the enormous amount of time and money necessary to do a decent job of it.  The module accepts simple ASCII commands and spits out Z-Wave... then receives Z-Wave status updates and spits ASCII back to the controller.

macromark said:
Yes, this new module is really for companies that do not support Z-Wave now, but want to... and don't want to spend the enormous amount of time and money necessary to do a decent job of it.  The module accepts simple ASCII commands and spits out Z-Wave... then receives Z-Wave status updates and spits ASCII back to the controller.
So it further simplifies the Z Way API? Something more like a VRC0P?

az1324 said:
So it further simplifies the Z Way API? Something more like a VRC0P?
VRC0P operates as a secondary controller and relies on a handheld primary and external mgmt software.  Our A2Z-Link module operates as a primary controller and embedded mgmt software is a web application (based on HS3) that can be configured with any browser-enabled device. Since it's a primary, it can add/remove nodes all by itself and it can also optimize the network.  

Back