AverMedia Surveillance DVR wins award

electron

Administrator
Staff member
I normally don't post these kind of press releases, but AverMedia was kind enough to lend me their NV5000 kit, so I could see for myself how good their surveillance stuff is. I still need to post the review (hopefully really soon), but in the mean time, check out the following press release about a surveillance DVR based on XP embedded. I believe it runs the same surveillance software that comes with the NV5000 kit, so this unit looks promising.
The AVerMedia AVerDigi SA6416 Standalone Surveillance DVR is the perfect surveillance solution for any home, office or business location. This complete system has the ability to connect up to 16 analog or IP cameras for total surveillance. With Microsoft Windows XP embedded in the product, users are able to access and control all surveillance from their monitor. Surveillance can also be monitored anytime, anywhere from any Internet Explorer browser, web enabled PDAs or Mobile Handy Views.

The included Hybrid application software allows users to connect analog, IP, or MegaPixel cameras and use them separately or simultaneously. Users are able to control exactly what areas are to be monitored, specify recording times and speeds and even control camera positioning (PTZ Cameras). Recorded surveillance can be searched by date, time, location, even key words with the included 8 channel audio recording capabilities. Featuring advanced MPEG 4 compression, 16 video inputs, three SATA removable hard drive capacity, and able to accommodate up to 6 USB external storage devices (cameras not included), the AVerDigi SA6416 is designed to be functional yet convenient offering easy video recording, playback, backup, search and editing features.

Other features of the AVerDigi SA6416 built-in video encryption to scramble remote video access, point of sale integration, and watermark image verification technology. A central monitoring package is also offered enabling users to monitor multiple SA6416s from a single computer with up to four LCD displays.

Read the full press release

Back