Black Friday LCD TV deals 2017

pete_c

Guru
Seeing a bunch of deals relating to LCD TVs.

Deal News shows:

Best TV deals

Any suggestions for a 55-65" LCD deal?

Today TUE, 21st of November BB has a deal on a 60" Sharp LCD for around $550.

It all depends on how important the screen quality is (different for everyone) but I always try to go with a Samsung brand when it comes to TV’s with LG and Sony a close second.

Thank you BSR.

Here have a couple of Toshiba LCD TVs and one Samsung running fine now for over 10 years. 

Purchased the Toshiba TV's from Crutchfield.

No issues to date. 

Looking at this one today.

Sharp - 60" Class (59.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV

• Model: LC-60P6070U

Never have purchased any Sharp products here.

Noticed that it has only a one year warranty.  Some folks complaining about reboots when watching Netflix.

Went to BB on Tuesday the 21st to look at the LCD televisions.  Took my son to help me decide what to get.

He suggested a 55" / 120Hz Roku enabled LCD and to watch for mark downs on older 60Hz and other than Roku based smart televisions.

Noticed that all of the televisions at the store was marked with list prices and the salesperson did not mention any of the prices posted on the BB internet site which we were looking at while we shopped.  All of the older 60Hz televisions were still displayed with lower than the 120Hz televisions.

Ended up purchasing at Target on the 22nd which was next door to the BB.  (55" / 120Hz / Roku enabled  LCD).

Enabled the Amazon Prime account on the television.  Checked out some 4K content and it played just fine.

Not really sure that I like the Roku OS as I went to streaming content last night from the NAS box and a Roku pop up came up in the beginning of the movie to watch same movie on Amazon.

It is a bit too smart such that I will most likely disable the Roku features.  (its just a reset and a pass on the Roku configuration).

Thank you BSR. 

Good deal there on the Toshiba. 

Wednesday's TV purchase was innocuous at Target and took less than 30 minutes of time.  I just pointed to the TV we wanted, he checked stock on his little computer, went to the back to get it, we paid for it and he took it to the automobile and that was that.

Back