[Blogs] Three Roberts - All wire runs completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Droid

CT Bot
It took a couple of weekends but I finished all the wire runs for the house and almost finished with the "dressing" of the wires before drywall. There is still a bit of time as the plumbers have not yet finished their work. Here is the mechanical room with all the wires to their respective cans. All the line voltage wires still need to be placed to their switch cans by the electrician and that is why they are still loose all over. I've got the datat and phone lines going to the left can. The security contacts contacts and RG6 going to the middle can, and the security keypad wires and a CCTV RG6 to the right can. On the far right are the wires for whole house audio exiting to the other side of the wall from the mechanical room where the audio rack will be located. A total of 250 wire runs.
index.php

Here is the future audio rack location. It is under the stairs and may share the space with a future wine cellar. In addition to whole house audio equipment there will also be the AV for the adjacent lower level media room.
index.php

Here is the adjacent media room. The electrician and I had quite a time routing the wiring because there are paralam beams on either side of the central ceiling which cannot be penetrated. Result was having to run wires down and around through thin furring on the lower cinder block wall. Lots of nail plates placed.
index.php

The wires leaving the mechanical room are separated into three bundles based on which floor they are distributed to.
index.php

Some of the weaving of wires through joist spaces on the main level. I burned through 5 drill bits because with the speed bore bits if you hit one nail it pretty much ruins the bit.
index.php

Here is a look at the ceiling mount speaker bracket for the main level media room. It is an 8inch round speaker bracket for a Niles CM750DSC.
index.php

And a close up of one of the Datacomm recessed outlet boxes for the wall mount flatscreen TVs. The 120 v will go below and the low voltage wires will terminate above. A coverplate hides the recessed box when not in use for a clean look.
index.php

Next up....beginning termination of wires in mechanical room. Stay tuned

This thread is not open. If you wish to respond, please respond using the original blog entry link. View the original blog entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back