Bluetooth GPS receiver AND iGuidance 3.0 for $49 + Free Shipping

JohnWPB

Active Member
ClubIt has a Gluetooth GPS unit AND iGuidance for $49 with free shipping! iGuidance 3.0 alone is $100. I contacted iNav iGuidance, and they said to register the 3.0 version on their site when I get it, and they will send an upgrade to 4.0 for $10. Normally its $79 to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. They are doing this, as 4.0 came out at the beginning of July, and the software was purchased after 4.0 was released.

This is a really good deal for sure!
 

JohnWPB

Active Member
Is this still the best software for CarPC's?

Absolutely 100% hands down in the United States... a rsounnding yes. The GUI can be skinned, and it is easy to manipulate to send coordiantes to, bring up menu's, you can change map colors, road colors and widths, font sizes ect. In a poll I did on MP3car, around 600 people filled out the survey, and almost 60% of CarPC users are using iGuidance. The other choices: Map Point, Streets & Trips, Destinator, and other, made up the other 40%.

With version 4.0, there are a few features that people have been wanting iGuidance to do. First the POI database went from about a million, to 6 million. Also text to speech can be used now instead of the .wav files. Meaning "In.... 100 FEET turn LEFT", becomes "In 100 feet turn left on Maple Drive." The other thing they did is to do away with the map loader. It was terrible, as you had to load each state individually, and switch to the one you wanted when needed. The latest version is a continuous map of North America.

It's not perfect, but it does appear that they are listening to what people want, and incorporating it. As far as being touchscreen friendly, this is by far the best choice. iGuidance comes with 3 versions on the disk: a Laptop Version, PocketPC version and the UMPC version. The UMPC is absolutely perfect for a CarPC with the large buttons & fonts.
 

JohnWPB

Active Member
Ordered, hope I can get that $10 upgrade as well.

Here is the link to the page describing the upgrade. The 07/16 cut off date, as she told me, was just as that was when the page was created. As soon as I get mine, I will register it, and post here as to how it all goes.

Upgrade aside, that is still a killer price for a Bluetooth GPS and iGuidance 3.0. Just iGuidance alone sells for around $129.00 US.

EDIT: Very important part:

"Free upgrade offer expires on August 6 2007. All requests MUST be received by us on or before this date. NO EXCEPTION."
 

WayneW

Senior Member
ClubIt has a Gluetooth GPS unit AND iGuidance for $49 with free shipping! iGuidance 3.0 alone is $100. I contacted iNav iGuidance, and they said to register the 3.0 version on their site when I get it, and they will send an upgrade to 4.0 for $10. Normally its $79 to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. They are doing this, as 4.0 came out at the beginning of July, and the software was purchased after 4.0 was released.
Where in that ad does it say that it comes with iGuidance?

Is Gluetooth the old version of Bluetooth? or is that beating a dead horse? :blink:
 

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Searching for the product # on google shows many people confirming it is a rebranded version of iGuidance.
 

WayneW

Senior Member
So, are we sure that a rebranded version qualifies for the $10 upgrade?

I just realized that my Garmin Nuvi AND my work laptop have Bluetooth. The Nuvi literature only talks about using Bluetooth for phone. Does anybody know if I can get GPS data from the Nuvi to my laptop via Bluetooth? I have never done anything with Bluetooth, but I will try it when I get home.
 

DeLicious

Active Member
check the technical specs of your Nuvi. It should have a list of bluetooth profiles it supports, and see if one matches whatever you want to pair with.
 

JohnWPB

Active Member
Update on the shipping:

Dan, Should be here in plenty of time to register with iGuidance

I have to say, FedEx has gotten REALLY GOOD! From the web page, it looks like FedEx got the package, before it left the shipper ;) ;)



Tracking number
558581961596808
Ship date
Jul 20, 2007
Estimated delivery
Jul 26, 2007


In transit


Details
Jul 21, 2007 4:08 AM Left origin
POMONA, CA



Jul 20, 2007 11:37 PM Arrived at FedEx location
POMONA, CA
 
Top