Cable Help AAG TA1603B to Hobby-Board Sensors

GSD2016

I have a AAG TA1603B (WS1603B) 1-wire converter to PC and I have Hobby-board sensors. The question is anyone know how to make a cable to run from the one to the other and match pin outs? I have looked around but could not find much on them since both companies are no longer around.

Thanks

Greg.

Welcome to the forum Greg.

Have a look here ==> Midon Design

Here still utilize the tiny AAG combo humidity / temperature sensors (and HB and Midon Design combo sensors).

Pete,

Thanks for the information. I am just curious are the better sensors out there now to use like some that use Particle Proton boards? If so any good ones that work with Weather Display?

Here actively still using 1-Wire sensors.  For weather using a Davis wireless weather station here today.  AAG weather station is connected but not using it.  For just rain did use three different sensors here:  Davis, Dallas tipping bucket (large) and two digital rain sensors.  One was for rain and the other was just moisture use. 

Software for weather is Cumulus today running on an RPi2.  I was testing other Linux based weather station software as I have mostly moved to utilizing linux lately.

I have heard good things about Weather Display but have never used it.

I have not checked out the Particle Proton boards or iOT weather stuff.  That said I am entertaining playing with mosquito MQTT stuff.

Yes there are better sensors to use and I know of one person / company testing a variety of sensors with a DIY built weather station and integration of a variety of different sensors.  Tinkering with this stuff I am planning on purchasing the two base boards required for said weather station and sensors.  Developer has made the hardware work with Cumulus.

Check out ==> WeatherDuino

WeatherDuinoPro2Plus_RX_v130_RevB_assembled.jpg

The WeatherDuino Pro2 emulates a Davis VP weather station and is fully compatible with Cumulus 1, CumulusMX or any other software that is compatible to a Davis Vantage Pro weather station.

WDpro2_WD_pcb_v310_web.jpg

WDPro2_TXv312.jpg

The WeatherDuino Pro2 system is developed with flexibility in mind.
It can use a wide range of sensors and measuring instruments, making of it an universal system.
From low cost to high end weather instruments, you are free to decide, what instruments and brands you want to use, and the ones that most fit your requirements or budget.

WD_Pro2_overview.jpg

Personally for me is the Davis weather station emulation.

Pete,

Weather Display is personally the best out there and it works with the Davis Vantage Pro. It is so versatile it should handle all your sensors from 1-wire to Davis ones. It has a very large community based forum for just about anything. Brian the creator is very up front if you need any help too, he wrote the book Weather Toys.

v/r,

Greg

Thank you Greg!

Here built the 1-wire lightning sensor that is in WeatherToys book many many years ago.  Still is working fine.

Does weather display run in Linux?

Here combine the weather sensors using Homeseer.

Always have tinkered here with weather stuff and mix it with my hardware tinkering.

Back