Can I use 2 UPB Power Line adaptors on OMNI IIe ?

swb_mct

After about 6 years our UPB communication went south . . tried pretty much everything except a UPB repeater to cross phases (I don't remember if that's the correct term, but it was an active device, not a phase coupler)

With the UPB Adaptor on phase 1,  two of the switches don't respond
With the adaptor on phase 2, two different switches don't respond

An HAI installing dealer said he has used a UPB adaptor on both phases.  I connected a second UPB adaptor to the OMNI but its LED on the adaptor does not show any activity.  There are 5 or 6 ports on the OMNI where the UPB adaptor is connected, are they all doing the same thing?

Any comment on using 2 UPB adaptors ?

Also, what do I have to buy to replace all our failed HAI 6 button keypads to Radio RA keypads.   Some article said a Radio RA "system" but I have not found what that means. .  can't find the main system component that would connect to the OMNI.     

I do not think it will work.  That said that is where you install a UPB repeater or phase coupler.  The UPB repeater is seen as a device on the UPB network.   I do have multiple UPB Pims online today (software automation / remote testing et al).  

SPR.jpg

Today here using a micro serial port server for my Russound stuff.  This device allows me to utilize software and the OP2 panel to talk to the serial port on the Russound.  

The above said here switched over to using the Volp TW-523 dual phased device (X10 on steroids) with my OmniPro 2 and it works great.  Way back HAI used two TW-523's connected to two phases and one port on the OmniPro 2   I still utilized X10 today for my Christmas decorations.  Fast and easy and 100% working today. 

If you have Gen 2+ switches (any kind but Simply Automated) the best solution is to use a repeater from PCS or HAI/Leviton.  But many years ago Simply Automated did create a cable that could connect to two UPB adapters.  I don't know if this was a true product or something they just made in their lab to try. Back them I was a beta tester because I had signal problems and it did work.  I don't THINK it ever was a commercial product, but you could contact Simply Automated if you REALLY want to try it.

But as I say, a repeater with Gen 2 or later switches is a better solution today.

Back them I was a beta tester because I had signal problems and it did work.

Curious if you still have it?  Did you have a granular look see how the two cables were connected?

Are you still using it today?

pete_c said:
Back them I was a beta tester because I had signal problems and it did work.

Curious if you still have it?  Did you have a granular look see how the two cables were connected?

Are you still using it today?
No only used it a few weeks. It wasn't really practical because the two PIMs had to be on different phases, which meant different rooms. 

I don't remember the exact circuit. I think it was pretty simple. 

Back