CenturyLink Errors Connecting to CocoonTech

BraveSirRobbin

Anyone on CenturyLink getting a 522 or other error when trying to reach CocoonTech?

I'm having an odd problem crop up at my home where I'm getting this error (on DSL CenturyLink) and found out that their tech support person is having the same issue (so nothing wrong with 'my' system).

Trying to troubleshoot and just wondering if this is somehow a CenturyLink issue.

Googling I see that CenturyLink has had issues in the last couple of days and today.

Wondering why the CenturyLink tech person didn't mention the documented issues?

Open a ticket.

centurylink.jpg

Could be a DNS / Router issue between CenturyLink and CloudFlare.

When you do a trace route from your home to CT (CloudFlare) does it stop or continue?  If it stops what is the IP?  Do a what is my IP to see who owns the router hop.

Here the trace route to CT hops around Chicago then goes to Cloudflare in SFO....non stop.

I can get to CloudFlare, seems problem either with DNS or some reason connection isn't getting returned.

I'm not going to troubleshoot any further as it seems it's a CenturyLink problem and they aren't really interested in fixing it.

Of course my CT time is going to be seriously curtailed! :(

You can if you want install the Tor browser on your PC.  It runs on Linux, Mac or Windows.

It will not utilize your CenturyLink stuff.

I just tested it here on Linux desktop and it gets to your forum fine.  I do have to authenticate before I log in to your forum.

Coming to CT from:

ipstuff.gif

Takes 5 minutes to install.  What OS are you using?

Problem seems to have been resolved.  I had the same problem but had been too busy lately to investigate it and the cloudflare error page had me thinking it was an issue with cocoontech like somebody forgot to pay the hosting bill and was out of town for the 4th.

Good news BSR!

Here (there) lost my FIOS (old) to Frontier (new) internet in FL last week.  I opened a ticket for a truck roll last week and they closed it yesterday and my Internet is still down.

They are on my S list as of yesterday.  It appears that they are scamming old Verizon customers in to new Frontier accounts similiar to what AT&T(slamming my old accounts) did to my old grandfathered accounts.  (idiots that they were).

Really hate it when I have to get loud with vendors. 

AND T-Mobile hasn't fixed my issues from last week...started with a slow decrescendo (nice and polite) of no avail with them and their lackluster CS.  Crescendo will not be so slow.

Starting to see a disturbing trend here. 

I hear you Pete.  I just don't have the energy to go through hassles like this now (old age) so it seems a lot more arduous these days to have to do stuff like that! ;)

Yup; old age here is slowing me down.

Both the request for CS got escalated.  That said they are both fixed now after some 2/4 weeks.  Just two days ago got phone calls and letters (via USPS) apologizing for the bad service.

Back